News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Happy Birthday dsk !!!

Started by AE_Collector, April 11, 2013, 12:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Wow, we have ALMOST missed dsk's birthday. Thank heavens I am in the Pacific Time Zone or we would have completely missed it.

Dsk lives in Norway and he "signed up" on my birthday (May 13) in 2009. As everyone knows dsk is very active on the CRPF helping anyone and everyone with their complex electrical and electronic problems.

Everyone here on the CRPF hopes that you have had a GREAT 50th Birthday party Dag and hopefully you will get the place cleaned up soon and then get some sleep as I'm sure the sun is coming up over there as I write this!

Terry

<edit> Dag wrote in another topic on the forum:

Hi I am Dag Ståle Karlsen and use dsk.

A loooong foreign name, obviously hard to pronounce for many

Feels it more or less frightening enough with my not so good English, if you shouldn't have an impossible name to deal with too.

It is even possible to translate: Dag= day, Ståle = Steel, and Karlsen= son of Charles (Charlesson???)

dsk is quick and easy, and I'll guess it gives me a kind of identity too??

dsk

Dennis Markham

DavePEI

Hi Dag:

Another mid-April baby! Happy birthday, Dag!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

ESalter

Happy Birthday DSK!!!  Hope you have a great day today!

---Eric

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Mr. Bones

Happy 50th birthday, dsk!

I hope that you got some cool phones! :D

Here's wishing you many more to come!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

dsk

Thank you!
The celebration are Saturday with relatives from near and far. (If they manage, we got more snow today)

I have no big hope for telephones, I have put up one difficult one on my wishlist, a rotary payphone. Haven't seen one for sale ever here in Norway.

:) :) :)
dsk

dsk

;D The celebration is ended, no phones...yet.. but I got a nice message from a fellow collector.
His ID may come later, if he let me.  :)
So now, I'm waiting for a German W28 wall telephone.

The caretaker at the school came to me with a clock, it was defect, but we have put it up and fettle'd a little, now its working, but not tuned right. New part is ordered, I hope its right  8)

The clock was controlling the ringing and ell the clocks in the classrooms in the old days. My wife thinks it will be nice at the wall  :D

I got an old laptop with Asterisk Now too (added15/4)   :D

I'm happy  :D

dsk

PS maybe the signals from this could control a payphone? 1 coin each ore every 2. minute?
DS

AE_Collector

Very Cool Clock DSK! It was no longer in service and the school caretaker thought of you to give it to? That is why we try ot make sure that everyone knows what "old" stuff we collect. Maybe it can control that old Oslo Payphone you keep looking for. And a German phone for your birthday as well. All the goodies should help you forget about the milestone birthday!

Terry

dsk

Considering the option, its not bad to be 50   ;)
The worst problem is, people expect me to grow up... I love to play  ;D

dsk

Mr. Bones

Quote from: dsk on April 15, 2013, 06:08:45 AM
Considering the option, its not bad to be 50   ;)
The worst problem is, people expect me to grow up... I love to play  ;D

dsk
dsk,

Once upon a time, i had a very dear friend, who was a WWI veteran. He was a very wise, and totally clear-minded man, despite his great age, and was supremely instrumental in helping me re-integrate into the world, upon my return from my last tour of combat.

Given my respect, and awe, of his sagacity, and experience, I once posed him the question:

"At what point does childhood end, and, then, when can one safely start their 2nd childhood?"

He kind of furrowed his brow, and squinted some, clearly deep in thought...

"Bones, I think you'll have to ask that of somebody else; I don't think that I'm qualified to answer it. You see, I'm still on my first childhood!" ;D

That was the answer I had hoped to hear, by the way, and I'm still, quite happily, in my first!

Don't grow up, there's quite literally no future in it. ;) Try, always, to look at things with the wonder, and delight of a child.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

dsk

:D Yesterday :D
I got a parcel, and I just have to say Thank you! to Haf  ;D

A late birthday telephone, a wall telephone Siemens W28 with a real history. This telephone was used by his father, and he gave it to me. It is in great condition, and I just had to put it up at once.

Thank you!  :)

dsk

AE_Collector

Haf was my guess as to who was sending you the phone!  Only a little more than 11 months until your next birthday dsk! (sorry)

Terry

Mr. Bones

Happy Birthday, Dag!

I hope your day has been filled with happiness, and good things!

Thanks for the many informative posts you have provided, and please keep them coming!

You're a year and a few months~ younger than I, so enjoy it, while it lasts lol! ;D

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus