News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Assistance with WE 306

Started by TMClauss, January 29, 2014, 12:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMClauss

I have what I believe is a WE 306. It has matching 4/48 stampings in the case and handset.

I replaced the cords, rubber gasket under the dial, and the dial plate. It works in that I can dial out and receive calls, but the voltage on my VoIP seem inadequate to ring the bells.

Could someone check my wiring? I used the diagram on the forum.

I saw a line voltage booster online that said it would increase the voltage to make the bells ring with an incoming call. Would this work or is there another way to make the phone function and keep it as a 306?

Thanks,
TC

Kenton K

If I remember correctly, 306 do need higher voltages, but I think line voltage would still make it ring. I don't own one my self so I'm not confident. If you have access to a regular line, maybe you could try?

Also, the white handset cord is routed funny. I would unhook it from the base and route it on the top case only, so it clips under the hook switch hook. Same with some of the other wires.

Thanks-K

G-Man

If it truly is a ringing voltage issue then you may want to bypass the electron tube and wire the B3 ringer in series with a 1uF capacitor in the same fashion as a normal 302 set. 

I would also suggest that the white wire for the handset be re-dressed to eliminate further strain.

G-Man

Oh, and obviously set the bias spring to the lowest position.

Quote from: G-Man on January 29, 2014, 02:54:26 AM
If it truly is a ringing voltage issue then you may want to bypass the electron tube and wire the B3 ringer in series with a 1uF capacitor in the same fashion as a normal 302 set. 

I would also suggest that the white wire for the handset be re-dressed to eliminate further strain.

tallguy58

What is that gong cover and why is it marked 101A?

Funny for Bell to number 2 different parts the same.

Cheers........Bill

G-Man

Quote from: tallguy58 on January 29, 2014, 11:56:36 AM

101A is the resonator

G-Man

If you go to the TCI library and download the numerical indexes you will find numerous components with the same number. You will find answering machines, speakerphones and key systems sharing 1A or 1A1 part numbers.

G-Man

Here are a couple of examples of Western Electric products that share the same numbers.

Quote from: G-Man on January 29, 2014, 01:03:01 PM

If you go to the TCI library and download the numerical indexes you will find numerous components with the same number. You will find answering machines, speakerphones and key systems sharing 1A or 1A1 part numbers.