News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE/AE/NE Hybrid

Started by oldguy, February 25, 2018, 09:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

I picked this up a couple of weeks ago. i thought it was interesting. I remember seeing somebody, I think it was Doug Rose had one. I finally decided to check it out. It didn't work, so fortunately there was info in wiring formation on here for a 302 with an AE dial. I got it wired up & it works. Does anybody know anything about these phones?
Gary

Doug Rose

No vents in back  and more like a metal North than a Bakelite one? Does it have North Galion Ohio across the bottom? No.  Does it have TE on the back, if it does its a later version that had nothing to do with North, a WE base and a F1 handset. Still a sharp phone!
Kidphone

rdelius

Those were assembled by Telephone Engineering in Pa. The shells are somethmes marked with the TE logo and are poor quality plastic. Sometimes notched dial holes to clear the fingerstop on former 80E dials. These were sold as cheap telephones and were not telephone company items

Babybearjs

I had one of those, all original, North.... sold it to an antique dealer for $100.00 kind of miss it, but the dealer is a friend.... she really fell in love with the design... mine was an original North Electric with the original dial and base.... one great phone!
John

oldguy

I have a galion in the garage with all my other phones that need restoration.
Gary

Doug Rose

Gary....these are such an easy refurb. Bakelite on these is great. Mostly WE parts. Usually AE dials, but I have seen WE and or course North dials on them. You will be very happy when you clean it up. Dubbed the "Fat 302" these are on of my favorite designs. Working on getting the colors, which is a long process. I would be happy with a Red and a Blue......like everyone else!!  ::)....Doug
Kidphone