News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Cherokee Boogie

Started by AET, January 05, 2010, 02:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Some of you may have seen this video before, but it has some nice phones and a little bit of a phone theme to it.  It's Cherokee Boogie by BR5-49.  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTH3e46ix9k
- Tom

jiggerman

Great tune! I was at a bar a couple of weeks ago and the band was playing that song. I was wondering who originally recorded it, now I know. Thanks for posting, Jiggerman

bwanna

thx for the tune, tom. i liked the guy using his hankie to hold onto the reciever ;)
donna

bingster

The original recording is much older.  It was done by Hank Williams and several others in the early 1950s.  The Kellogg Redbar is the star of the video for me, though. Gotta get me one of those one day.
= DARRIN =

AET

I have Hank Sr's version as well.  I am a BR5-49 fan though and love the vid.  (My favorite is also the guy using the hankie to hold the phone Donna)

I also like the scene on the TV, which looks like all the old TV shows from the 50's which had the country singers such as Hank Williams, Hank Locklin, Lefty Frizzell, Conway Twitty, George Jones, and all my other favorites.  Those ancestor shows to Hee-Haw.

The name of the band of course derives from the Hee-Haw skits with Junior Samples, where his phone number was always BR-549.  They're still touring and making albums, this song is from 96 if memory serves.

Here is the Album Cover, which my dad bought me a couple years ago.

And a great T-Shirt some may like!
- Tom