News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Red Phone from Either S. America or Spain

Started by LM Ericsson, August 26, 2013, 09:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM Ericsson

I got this neat red phone for my birthday that I think is either from Spain or South America, the insides look Spanish, hence the ringer, but I've never seen vents in the holes on the base of the phone before, Spain never did that to the Heraldo phone. Also the dial looks to be from South America and not the Spanish type that looks similar to Western Electric. This phone was very cool to work with. As you can see in the seller photo there is a chip in the front, well I managed to sand it down to make it have a square shape and not a chip so it looks like it is supposed to be that way. This housing was also full of cracks, and the handset caps were yellowed so i tried the peroxide treatment and they now look great. First two photos are sellers photos, the rest are mine.
Regards,
-Grayson

LM Ericsson

Regards,
-Grayson

LarryInMichigan

There appears to be some wording stamped on the bottom plate.  What does it read?

Larry

LM Ericsson

It is an indicator of what the abbreviations mean, in this case color of the wires in 4 languages, Spanish being first.
Regards,
-Grayson

twocvbloke

Looks based on an aussie PMG phone, with alterations to simplify it (or cheapen it, whichever works!!)... :D

LarryInMichigan

I was referring to the bottom of the phone.  Something has been stamped into the metal.  It looks like "MALAGA" is part of it.  Perhaps this phone was made in Spain for export, hence the French, English, and Dutch color names.

Larry

LM Ericsson

You're right, it says "Citesa Malaga Made in Spain"
Regards,
-Grayson

Dave203

I have a green and black phone just like this in storage. I got if from a friend who took it from their hotel room on their trip to holland. Very neat telephones. I wonder similar they are. Is there any kind of date code in yours?

WEBellSystemChristian

Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford