News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

got a new phone..... after cleaning and re-wiring

Started by Babybearjs, April 12, 2018, 07:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

UPDATE: well..... its finally done..... with some glitches.... Uhg! anyway, all 4 phone lines work fine. I can dial out and the bell rings on line 1... like it suppose to... I tied lamp positions 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 to my 208 KTU's for signaling verification.. that's locations 3-10 since this phone is Sta. #2. all lights come on when the ICM is engaged, but #6 and #8 don't show signaling like they are suppose to...(lamp flash) and now for some reason I can't use the ICM line.... from this location, when the phone is picked up and the line selected.... the A-Lead engages, but no audio.... and it was working fine 5 minutes before.... Can't win for loosing....anyway...still troubleshooting this problem.... hopefully its not another broken wire... finally figured out the dial wiring, so the #46 dial is back in use. what a pain..... why couldn't We and ITT and the others just settle on 1 dial design.... this one has a white-Red wire that really got me confused because none of my other dial followed that color scheme....down right frustrating!
John

RB

Nice progress...
seems like the biggest part of this, uh...Hobby???
is excepting that things will always be different between every phone we see...
no roots growin around here lol