News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pictures from Europe

Started by compubit, April 20, 2018, 10:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

Posting some pictures here from my trip to Europe.

First up, the Czech Republic.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

compubit

From the German Communications Museum.

More to come!

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

compubit

25 Extension Dial!

J

compubit

More!

compubit

Last ones from Germany!

J

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Babybearjs

Nice pictures! what a collection!
John

AE_Collector

Thanks for the pictures Jim! I always remember touring Europe back in the 80's and saw a big Telephone museum in one if the Scandinavian countries that was CLOSED the day we were there. :)

Terry

twocvbloke

I didn't know O2 operated payphones in other countries, over here they're just a mobile phone provider... :)

Haf

I can see myself in the reflection of the glass...of course in front of a payphone :)

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

compubit

Copenhagen has a Post and Telephone museum, which I have visited in the past (I'll dig up the pics I have) - didn't make it there this time - plus didn't get a chance to grab a shot of a Swiss payphone, and haven't noticed any in Copenhagen...

J

AE_Collector

København was my guess where we were when I ran into the closed telephone museum but I couldn't recall for certain.

I think I've found Haf!

Terry

Haf

Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

AE_Collector

Relatively easy to find something once it has been pointed out to you that it is there somewhere! Until then you were well hidden.

Terry

19and41

Thanks for some interesting pictures!  One type of phone I haven't seen since I was stationed in Germany are the contemporary types with the logging counter.  We had to keep account of the call length and parties called for security reasons.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke