News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FACE Standard Princess Look Alike

Started by LarryInMichigan, April 25, 2016, 03:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

I stopped today at an antiques mall which I occasionally visit, and the bright 'lipstick' red FACE standard Princess like phone, which had been there for at least a year, was still on display.  The price was still marked $75.  I asked the shop owner if anything could be done on the price, and he asked me what I would be willing to pay.  I have never been any good good at negotiating, so I said $45, and he agreed, so the phone is now here with me.  I seriously doubt that I could recover my cost on this phone, but it is an interesting curiosity.  It was apparently use by someone in the USA.  I wonder who imported it.  The plastic is in very good+ condition.  Below are some pictures, and here (forum link) is a forum post from several years ago showing one of these in yellow.

Larry

unbeldi

I have seen quite a few of these Italian made copies on the European eBay sites.
I know I downloaded many pictures, I just can't find where they are and what I labeled them.

That red is great.

LM Ericsson

I believe this one is called the "Lillo" by SIP
Regards,
-Grayson

Matilo Telephones

SIP is the Italian state telephone company. FACE is the manufacturer.

The telephone has a sticker saying made in Italy. It suggests it was an official import, rather than that somebody had it sent by post or brought it to the USA personnally.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Dan/Panther

A nice color. I wish I had a Princess the same shade of red.
Notice the fingerstop. Not backwards, just seems a bad design.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Pourme

Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 26, 2016, 12:28:41 PM
A nice color. I wish I had a Princess the same shade of red.
Notice the fingerstop. Not backwards, just seems a bad design.
D/P

Let's FACE it....That fingerstop is awkward.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

WEBellSystemChristian

Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

LarryInMichigan

The dial turns properly, the phone dials out and rings without a problem, and the sound from the transmitter and receiver is fine.  I cleaned and polished and reassembled the phone today, and it is now working on my desk.  When I feel better, I want to take some pictures of it next to a real WE Princess so that the similarities and differences can be seen.  Unlike some of these phones I have seen in pictures, this one has the usual "ITT" logo inside an oval molded into the underside of the handset.  I am happy with this phone.

Larry