News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Help me ID this candlestick

Started by Dan, March 24, 2009, 09:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

I know nothing about the oldies, yet want one. He thinks it's a kellogg. Is it real or a repro or a fake? Any guess on the value? Thanks, in advance

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Steve K

Dan:

It appears to be real but made up from a few different phones.  The base with that type of dial arrangement looks like a British 150.  The transmitter and cup looks American.  That bellbox could be Kellogg.

Steve

bingster

The subset is WE, but it's the very late 685.  I agree that it seems to be all old, but something about it doesn't ring true. HAHAHAHA... get it? RING TRUE!!  Nevermind.
= DARRIN =

Dan

Thanks guys, he wants $50 for it, but if it is a hodgepodge of several phones, I'll pass
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

bingster

I don't know, Dan.  If it's all old, I think it's more than worth that price.  And since it's hooked up to a new subset, it's an indication that it probably works, too.  I wouldn't think twice about buying it for $50, but that's just me. 
= DARRIN =

Dan

Well, I am going for it. We'll see what happens when I get it home. Thanks for the advice

BDM

Quote from: Dan on March 25, 2009, 08:26:32 PM
Well, I am going for it. We'll see what happens when I get it home. Thanks for the advice

I would imaging you could recoup your money in the parts alone.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Dan

yes, he said he bought it for$129 but is uncomfortable talking on it a long time. I just want to fill my wall phone "cut in" I bought