News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Butch Harlow's collection

Started by Butch Harlow, December 15, 2018, 07:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Harlow

Just wanted to add a pic of the 40AL I got yesterday from Mr Doug Rose. It's doing a nice job as the shadow of my  brass 20AL (Which I intend to eventually paint).
Butch Harlow

Butch Harlow

Today was another fine mail call day. I got a couple more fine items from Doug Rose. First is a beautiful Siemens 366 wall phone, fully functional. Has a great sound. Secondly, I picked up just the shell for an AE40. A year or so back I bought a pile of AE40s for 10.00. There were lots of great parts in the pile, but none of the shells was worth a whole lot. So, this early evening was spent assembling this nice chrome accent AE40. It works fine, but I think I need to change out the condenser to get the straight line ringer to work. But, from the ashes and adding a nice shell, I have a pretty good looking, albeit plain Jane AE40. So, two nice additions today, neither of which were Western Electric. 

*quick update*
I replaced the condenser and the ringer works now. Its unbelievably loud.
Butch Harlow

Butch Harlow

testing...

edit, in an earlier thread about a SC1243 I got, I asked TelePlay John how he combines photos. He very kindly showed me in great detail. Here is the fruit of my efforts, following his instructions. Plus, everybody loves a junker restored to new glory. In this case shiny glory. Of all my phones, this is one of the overall best mechanically as well. It gets daily use.
Butch Harlow

Butch Harlow

Ha! nice, thanks John. Just went in and learned how to crop off the white space too.
Butch Harlow