"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Use of the "butterfly tool"

Started by Rokumoncat, May 06, 2013, 10:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rokumoncat

Hi,

Does anyone have the instructions for the use of the AMP butterfly tool online or know where I can find them? I have such a device and need to learn how to use it.

Thank you in advance,

R. Cat

rdelius

Have you tried AMP /Tyco ? Do not know if I have any instructions with mine. there might be a section in BSPs or GSBs on the archives,Possible in sections regarding 1A2 or 10A2 systems.

DavePEI

Quote from: Rokumoncat on May 06, 2013, 10:15:01 AM
Hi,

Does anyone have the instructions for the use of the AMP butterfly tool online or know where I can find them? I have such a device and need to learn how to use it.

Thank you in advance,

R. Cat
PDF file in link below:
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

Amp tools work with the plastic Amp "Champ" connectors, not metal Amphenol Connectors. (In case anyone wondered, cared or just didn't know).

Terry

Jim Stettler

I was told not all AMP style tools work w/ with all connectors. It is best to verify which connectors your tool requires.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

rdelius

AE collector is right,you can reuse these connectors if you are carefull removing them. I found when I used this tool, things went faster and smoother when I had a used  connector on hand with the wires on it to compare to

AE_Collector

Most people would just assume that an Amphenol Plug was an Amphenol Plug whether metal or plastic. But they aren't!

I think that the Amphenol (not Amp) butterfly tool  had a wiring color code sticker on it similar to the ones on these "one wire at a time" blocks and tools that I have.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8526.0

A couple of you wanted these from me and I will get to it soon. I have one "like new" with a perfect sticker on it that I will photograph and get prints made to send with the others that have bad or missing stickers. Another retirement project!

Terry