News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Brass WE 302

Started by Doug Rose, February 14, 2010, 11:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Collectors...I have had this for a long time and I thought I would share it with you. This case is entirely made of brass, not plated, BRASS. I have been told its not real, but a reproduction. It weighs 11 pounds. A green thermoplastic F1 handset with matching brass bands. A green/gold handset cord. A WE 6A dial with an open face fingerwheel with a matching Green dial card. Might not be real, but its not going anywhere.....Doug
Kidphone

Phonesrfun

It may have been one of those Bell System employee retirement phones.  Whether it is original and has a hisory, or whether it is a fake, it is beautiful and uncommon.  Definitely a keeper.

-Bill G

Dennis Markham

Nice phone Doug.  You have found some very unusual but nice phones in your "career".  Thanks for sharing those with us.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Kidphone on February 14, 2010, 11:23:17 AM
Collectors...I have had this for a long time and I thought I would share it with you. This case is entirely made of brass, not plated, BRASS. I have been told its not real, but a reproduction. It weighs 11 pounds. A green thermoplastic F1 handset with matching brass bands. A green/gold handset cord. A WE 6A dial with an open face fingerwheel with a matching Green dial card. Might not be real, but its not going anywhere.....Doug
AFAIK, Dial Guy Steve H. Had the 302's housings created in brass. This was years ago, I would ask him. E-mail off forum if you need his e-mail.

It is quite a sharp looking phone., Steve H can give you particulars of his housings.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.