News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Passing of long time friend: Curt Reed

Started by Bill Cahill, October 04, 2010, 03:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

:o :( Long time friend, and, the longest standing member of the Antique Radio Forums community, Curt Reed, passed away this past Tuesday, Sept. 28.
He will be sorely missed by all.. Curt was a great friend, mentor, collector of antique radios, etc., and, he enjoyed vintage fire arms.
He was a multi interest man who is highly respected. ARF will never be the same without him....
RIP, my dear friend.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

bingster

That's definitely sad news.  Even though I've been scarce on the forum lately, when I was active, his demeanor, knowledge and friendliness impressed me very much.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your friend and fellow radio collector, Bill.  Our condolences to his family and those that knew him and cared about him.

Dan/Panther

On the ARF forum, A high post count would be in the range of 5000 to 7000 thousand posts, Curt had 34,834 posts, Actually 34,833, and the one from his daughter telling us of His passing. He was 61 years young, passed in his sleep and passed very unexpectedly, barely 3 months older than myself. A wonderful human being, and will be sorely missed by all that had the pleasure to know him.
Dan

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Bill Cahill

Curt was a nice guy. We sometimes talked on the phone, in moderator section, e mail, or, pm's.
We sometimes argued as friends do, but, as a whole, we got along well.
He helped me become a better moderator, as well as a better person....
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Shovelhead

I'm definitely going to miss him on the ARF.