News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 43 - 1957 Western Electric 591 in Yellow

Started by bingster, January 19, 2010, 12:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

It looks like the ringer was added much later , it is a predominantly plastic mechanism. My guess is the dial is original, while the bells are not.

I would love to own it, since I don't have a soft yellow 500. However, I  like Dan/Panther, don't like the hybrid make up of it.

I would rather get a black 1957 we500 and make it into a "correct" two tone bumble bee set.

How late were the two tones made? I don't think they made any '58's (I haven't seen any).

$262.19
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Craig T

bellsystemproperty

Since phones have been so expensive, with the $710 mushroom phone and the over $800  clear AE 80 , this phone will sell for $467.73. You could build your own 591, but it would be wrong since you still have the Bell System markings.

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

McHeath

Surprised it went so low.  Congrads to Bingster!

bingster

I'd like to thank the Academy, and my parents, and all the little people out there in the dark!  Geez, I was starting to think I'd never win another contest.  8)

Stay tuned for the next auction contest to be posted soon!
= DARRIN =