News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What Make is this Dial Blank ?

Started by Dan/Panther, May 17, 2010, 03:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

My guess is it's Kellogg, as it has a "K" at the top.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

LarryInMichigan

Phonesrfun

Looks like it is made by the "Front" company   ;D  Says so on the back.

-Bill G

paul-f

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on May 17, 2010, 03:40:58 PM
It looks like a WE to me.  Look at http://www.paul-f.com/500blanks.html.

Larry

It does look like a 95B.  These could have been made by anyone who licensed the 500 design and made clones.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

LarryInMichigan

The rectangular holes for the card retainer ring are definitely WE-style.

Larry

McHeath

QuoteLooks like it is made by the "Front" company     Says so on the back.

I agree.  Front™ made a lot of stuff back in the day, they actually were the major competitors of "Back™", "Left™" and "This side up™" between about 1925 and 1980.  After that they all got sold to chinese firms, and merged, mixed and rebranded.  Today what's left of Front™ is called "Do not insert™" and is based in Kyonghow, China.  The old Front™ factory in Little Chute, Wisconsin is still standing and divided into little stores and shops, mostly.  (the big tenant is the SuperWal-Mart at the south west end and the McDonalds where the office used to be)  If you look closely at the walls in Marie's Hair-N-More-Store you can still see the mount points for the conveyor racks which carried products to shipping. 

Dan/Panther

"Over, under, sideways down, backwards, forwards, square, and round".
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Phonesrfun

Quote from: McHeath on May 17, 2010, 06:26:04 PM

I agree.  Front™ made a lot of stuff back in the day, they actually were the major competitors of "Back™", "Left™" and "This side up™" between about 1925 and 1980.  After that they all got sold to chinese firms, and merged, mixed and rebranded.  Today what's left of Front™ is called "Do not insert™" and is based in Kyonghow, China.  The old Front™ factory in Little Chute, Wisconsin is still standing and divided into little stores and shops, mostly.  (the big tenant is the SuperWal-Mart at the south west end and the McDonalds where the office used to be)  If you look closely at the walls in Marie's Hair-N-More-Store you can still see the mount points for the conveyor racks which carried products to shipping. 

Oh, so that explains it!
-Bill G

AET

The old Front™ factory in Little Chute, Wisconsin is still standing and divided into little stores and shops, mostly. 

A lot of us Wisconsin Residents were glad to see the old factory didn't go the way of many around here, demolished to make room for 'green space' what a eco-nut joke that is!
- Tom

Greg G.

What about "Do Not EatTM", are they still around?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e