News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New member "guitar1580"

Started by guitar1580, December 29, 2010, 10:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitar1580

Just wanted to say hi.  New guy here from West Virginia.  I've been enjoying reading a few of the threads for the last couple of days, and it looks like you all have a great forum goin' here.  I love old dial phones, and have them in service in nearly every room of my house.

I got into collecting old phones kinda by accident back in the early to mid 90's, mosty Western Electric dial phones, long before I had the internet.  Took a while to find books to help figure out the W/E model numbers and years.

After finding many of the models that I was looking for locally, I kinda got away from looking for phones, since I have many other hobbies too, mainly guitars, guns, knives, etc.  Lately I've been getting back to the phones, and am glad to have found a forum online.  I used to be a member of both the ATCA, and TCI for a few yrs, buy not recently.

Anyway, I gotta get some pics of my phones.  My collection is not huge, but includes many of the models which are most desirable to me:  One wooden W/E wall phone, 2 styles of W/E candlesticks, a 1957 3-slot payphone, several 102's, 202's, 302's, 5302, 554's, many colors of 500's & princesses, a few soft plastic / bakelite 500's, some misc. Bell system items, and a few interesting off-brand vintage oddities I've ran across.

Pics coming soon, and I'll look forward to seeing some cool phones that I know you all have.

Josh P

Dennis Markham

Welcome to the Forum, Josh.  We look forward to seeing your phones.  I think you'll enjoy the conversations here.

HarrySmith

Welcome Josh  :)
The phonitis disease can go into remission for a short while but it always comes back! There is a thread here with pictures of some of our collections, check it out!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dsk

Tom B

Hey Josh
Welcome to the forum ;)
Tom

AE_Collector

Hi Josh:

Here's a link to the thread that Harry mentioned where pictures of our collections have been posted.
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=828.0

Terry

Tribune

Welcome Josh
There's a huge amount of knowledge here amongst the members. And the don't bite - well, not very often, lol  :D
Mark
Mark Furze - TCI, ATCA

To miss-quote "Bones" McCoy . . .
                     "darn it Jim - I'm a doctor, not a telephone engineer!"

guitar1580

Hey thanks alot guys.  Yes, lots of great info!  I'll probably spend hours reading the old pages, I'm learning things already.

And thanks for that picture link, I was trying to find it and couldn't.

JP

guitar1580

Wow, I've been checking out the picture link.  You all have some fantastic collections!  Great pieces of history, and wonderful pictures.  That's a great thread.

I've been getting some pics of my small collection, will post soon.  My house is so small, my stuff is all spread out,  gonna have to be alot of pics of smaller groups.

I envy you guys with "phone rooms".  Those displays are museum quality,  thanks folks.  First class forum here.

Josh

Doug Rose

Quote from: guitar1580 on December 31, 2010, 03:03:23 AM
Wow, I've been checking out the picture link.  You all have some fantastic collections!  Great pieces of history, and wonderful pictures.  That's a great thread.

I've been getting some pics of my small collection, will post soon.  My house is so small, my stuff is all spread out,  gonna have to be alot of pics of smaller groups.

I envy you guys with "phone rooms".  Those displays are museum quality,  thanks folks.  First class forum here.

Josh
Josh....welcome to the Forum....its a great bunch of guys and gals......Doug
Kidphone