and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New to forum and A/E payhone ?

Started by Kpkube, October 07, 2016, 06:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

Quote from: Stan S on October 08, 2016, 12:18:24 PM
dsk
There is a standard Teltronics after market asembly that takes the place of the semipostpay AE relay. The Teltronics part number is SP-105.
The circuit consists of a microswitch, SCR and a reed relay. All very low current. I'm sure your pap2 will drive it. There are loads of them floating around.

See the attachment. The diagram is typical Teltronics quality.

Stan S.

The link I posted is to my extremely simple solution without relay, just using a microswitch and a quadrac. Ill guess at less than 5 dollars.
dsk

Kpkube

Thanks, 
Does anyone know who might have the coil. I know where I can get the hopper, just need the coil.
Quote from: Stan S on October 08, 2016, 09:12:01 AM
Hello
Your payphone is an LPC 86-55 or an LPC 86-10. It was originally a semipostpay phone. Meaning the deposit was made AFTER the called party answered.

It is impossible to make a semipostpay 3-slot work today because it requires polarity reversal of the tip and ring when the called party answers. That feature no longer exists on standard phone lines and as far as I know isn't offered in the ATAs that the VOIP services supply.

If the payphone is working as a standard extension it's relatively easy to make it a PREPAY phone. You would have to remove the ringer and replace the straight brass colored chute with a prepay coin hopper and a single coil coin relay.
The wiring to the coin relay is very simple, only two additional wires.
Cost of these parts is about $50.
See attached photo.

You would also have to buy a payphone controller to make the coin relay perform the various coin functions.
http://tinyurl.com/jaf9mb5

All in all NOT an inexpensive undertaking.
Welcome to the world of payphones!

Stan S.

rdelius

I used to hook up semi postpay sets so you put in the coins to talk.no reverse battery supervision.used the teletronics relay board