paul-f

Color matched to rose 302.   ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/260706946271
( dead link 10-19-21 )
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Dennis Markham

That's pretty cool, Paul.  Did you buy it?  It was made in a good year too, 1955.  Imaging having a collection of the matching colors with their matching phones.

bingster

I find this story highly dubious.  I'm not saying it's impossible, but in all my years of collecting radios, this is the first time I've heard this story.  Besides, this color, the orangey-red, and numerous other "1950s colors" were commonplace in many consumer products.  It's almost certainly a coincidence that these are similar.
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

In the middle to late 50's Philco had a color that I've heard referred to as Coral, or Salmon Pink. I have a radio like the one in the photo but it's Red.
I agree with Bingster, his story is a little shallow, makes good fodder for suckers.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dave F

I wonder how many of us took a look at the auction thinking we might snag a nice Rose 302.  I know I did.  The seller must have had quite a good time snickering about all the drooling phone collectors that swarmed in for the kill.

paul-f

Quote from: Dennis Markham on December 15, 2010, 10:19:51 AM
That's pretty cool, Paul.  Did you buy it?  <snip>

No, Dennis.  I was intrigued by the story but thought it sounded fishy.  It's good to hear from the radio experts!
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dave F on December 15, 2010, 12:19:37 PM
I wonder how many of us took a look at the auction thinking we might snag a nice Rose 302.  I know I did.  The seller must have had quite a good time snickering about all the drooling phone collectors that swarmed in for the kill.
PRESENT!!!  I was wondering who was going to buy it before reading it. I almost did. I thought it was a two fer.It was deceptive and I was going to let the seller know, but after reading his description, I felt he already had trouble with reality....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

I'm one of those suckers.  I bought it  hook line and sinker.  :)  Still a nice radio...or is it?

AE_Collector

There were so relatively few colored phones around back in that time frame that I can't imaging a radio manufacturer thinking that they just had to hook their future to selling radios that matched a hand full of  people's phones. Maybe if they matched the drapes in the room, but the phone?? Only us phone collectors are thinking that would be cool, no one else.

Terry

K1WI

WOW   This makes my black Emerson 5 tube AM radio  a custom match to my "ebony" 302 !!! :o