"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Today's eBay wins.

Started by AET, December 21, 2009, 01:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Public Telephone Sign

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290381309566&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
( dead link 08-09-21 )

2 554's and a 500

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370306400090&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
( dead link 08-09-21 )

Also won some Dial Cards which will be HOpkins 6-5633, now I need a metal fingerwheel 554 in black.  Trying to replicate the phone that was in my dad's house when he was growing up.
- Tom

Greg G.

I noticed that the dial bezel on the desk phone seems to be a different shade of beige than the rest of it.  Or is that just the camera?

Are you and I the only ones here with avatars of ourselves on the phone?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

Tom,

I don't know if a metal WE finger wheel can be put onto the type of dial that your new 554 has.  The mechanisms for the finger wheel attachment are totally different.

Larry

Phonesrfun

Quote from: Brinybay on December 21, 2009, 04:47:29 AM

While looking at the page, it appears that the two of you are talking to each other on the phone.

-Bill Geurts
-Bill G

AET

I think we are the only ones talking on the phone in our avatars!  And I guess it does look like we're talking to eachother on the phone. 

I had no intention of trying to put a metal dial on the clear-dial phone. I just didn't have a black or green 554.  I also bid on a lot of 554's today that had a metal finger wheel 554 in black, but I got outbid.
- Tom

LarryInMichigan

Tom,

I see really cheap 500s and some 554s with metal finger wheels all the time on ebay.  I think that it is possible to exchange dials, so you could take the old dial with metal finger wheel and put it into your new black 554.

Larry

Dennis Markham

Tom, if you need a 7 series dial for that phone, with the right dial bezel and a metal finger wheel just let me know.  I have several.  The finger wheel may have a little paint loss here and there but overall not in too bad of shape.

AET

I may need to do that, I will let you know.  I was excited that this one had a lock on the dial, but it's got no keys.   Because when my dad was younger my grandpa would get so mad that he'd come home to a messy house and Grandma had been on the phone all day, so he went and got a lock for the dial!
- Tom

HobieSport

Quote from: Brinybay

What, don't you recognize me? ;)

Tom, congrats on your great buy. And that story about your grandpa locking the dial from your grandma is priceless!
-Matt

Phonesrfun

I guess Carry goes by the screen name Hobie Sport for anonymity.
-Bill G

HobieSport

Darn it Bill, you just blew my cover. ;)
-Matt

bwanna

let the mr try to put a lock on the mrs phone in this day & age ;)
donna

Dan/Panther

Quote from: bwanna on December 22, 2009, 08:52:06 PM
let the mr try to put a lock on the mrs phone in this day & age ;)

Yup! Yer Right Bwanna, things sure going to hell in a handbasket quick...
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

You know, I am okay with equality and what-not, but for God's sake, my dad and his siblings were all old enough to fend for themselves and everything.  All Grandpa wanted was a clean house to come home to, working MANY hours as a Foreman in construction.  Was that too much to ask for.  She'd be on that 554 for 6 or more hours a day!
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Was she related to my ex wife ???

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson