News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wharfendale Model 60 speakers

Started by benkeys, December 29, 2012, 10:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benkeys

Has anyone heard of Wharfendale Model 60 speakers?  They were made in England. I managed to scoop up a pair for 20.00 that are all original including the large metalized 12mf crossover capacitor,surprising in perfect shape. I couldnt find much info about them online, besides they are from the 60s and seem to be decent quality speakers. The ones i have appear to be an early model, as they are just model 60 not w60 and do not say BIC on them. From what i understand they allowed that BIC company to produce there later model speakers.. but i am not sure. I couldnt even find a power handling capabilities anywhere, nor an exact year. Only 1 speaker has a label with the model and serial number. I found similar model 60's on ebay but had different cabinets and slightly different grill cloth. One pair had an asking price of 200.00, and the other 350.00, i know ebay prices can be off the wall sometimes but i imagine they are wort more then 20.00..
Ben K...  1960 WE 500 and 1972 SC 554   Always enjoying the sound of a phone with a bell ringer ringing....

AE_Collector

Google seems to know quite a bit about them.

Terry

benkeys

I found some info on them there but not a lot..
Ben K...  1960 WE 500 and 1972 SC 554   Always enjoying the sound of a phone with a bell ringer ringing....

Owain

It's Wharfedale - no n.

Still making decent speakers - I have a pair of XP2 in the lounge.

http://wharfedale.co.uk/About/History/tabid/66/Default.aspx