News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Anita's Birthday outing.

Started by Greg G., February 11, 2013, 11:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I took Anita out to dinner at the Space Needle Restaurant for her birthday.  First time either of us has been up there.  The official name of the revolving restaurant at the top is Sky City Restaurant.  I've boycotted it all these years because I was bitter about not getting to go to the Seattle World's Fair in 1962.  I guess I finally got over it (maybe).  I'm not usually real keen on desserts, but the Lunar Orbiter smokin' dessert was fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksHybSYmhsg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBYuw4EnxHY
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

paul-f

And all these years I thought you and Anita were those cute kids in those films from the Seattle Fair...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t5na44D0Dw
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klwqChqLsaQ
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Gilas

I still haven't gone myself and live only an hour south.  I keep meaning to go up there and have dinner with the wife but something always seems to come up.  Hope you had a great time!!!

Greg G.

Does anybody else see that mouse-over about Vegas Penny Slots in the word "fun" in my original post?  I ran my virus detector and Spybot, but it's still there.  Now it's moved to the word Penny Slots in this post!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

Which web browser are you using?  There may be some unwanted plugin installed.

Larry

Greg G.

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on February 12, 2013, 09:52:00 AM
Which web browser are you using?  There may be some unwanted plugin installed.

Larry

Chrome.  I updated and ran Avira, Malware Bytes, and Spybot.  Spybot found something, but apparently it wasn't it.  Avira and Malware Bytes both found nothing.

I looked at the graphic it was popping up, you're right, it was an unwanted plugin called "Coupon Companion".  Not sure how that got in there, but I dumped it and another one called "Imminent" that said something about "boosting" web pages, but it wasn't something I installed.  All's well now, I hope.
- Mike Row
e

Russ Kirk

I used to live in the Seattle area when I was a kid. I fondly remember eating at the Space Needle Restaurant.   I was mesmerized because it spun around.  I think the restaurant at the Los Angeles (LAX) airport also spins and there is another spinning restaurant in Honolulu.    I'm sure there are more in other parts of the country.

Nice photo of the two of you.
Happy birthday to your wife Anita.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

AE_Collector

I've been there as well since Seattle is only 150 miles south of Vancouver. I was at the Worlds Fair also but was only 5 years old so don't remember much if anything about it.

We have three revolving restaurants in Vancouver. My daughter was at one of them last night celebrating her 27th birthday with her husband. We had the big family birthday party here at our house Sunday.

Terry

Dennis Markham

Quote from: Brinybay on February 12, 2013, 09:31:14 AM
Does anybody else see that mouse-over about Vegas Penny Slots in the word "fun" in my original post?  I ran my virus detector and Spybot, but it's still there.  Now it's moved to the word Penny Slots in this post!

No, that is not happening on my end.

Nice photo of you and Anita at the Space Needle.

Phonesrfun

Quote from: paul-f on February 12, 2013, 12:17:03 AM
And all these years I thought you and Anita were those cute kids in those films from the Seattle Fair...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t5na44D0Dw
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klwqChqLsaQ

Actually, I was one of the kids at that exhibit, but not pictured.  I was 11 in 1962 and I remember the touch tone demonstration very well!  We lived in Portland, OR at the time and drove the 150 or so miles to Seattle and stayed with my cousins for several days.  My dad was too frugal (cheap) to take us to the restaurant in the Space Needle at the time, but I have been a couple times as an adult.
-Bill G

Phonesrfun

Greg:

Nice picture!  :)  What's that gray substance shown in the sky out the window of the restaurant?

Oh, yes.....  Seattle
-Bill G

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Brinybay on February 11, 2013, 11:51:25 PM
I took Anita out to dinner at the Space Needle Restaurant for her birthday.  First time either of us has been up there.  The official name of the revolving restaurant at the top is Sky City Restaurant.

Greg,

First of all, and foremost, a belated "Happy Birthday" to Anita!

Brilliant picture (!!), especially if it was by a staff member!

You lot look quite dashing, and debonaire! 8)

I've never yet been to Seattle, but wish very much to visit. Here, in the Heartland, we have to rely upon libations to get the restaurant to spin, if so desired. Repeat, as necessary. ;)

The general atmosphere of the place looks like it might well cost several cool telephones to exit. :D

Best regards,

Terrence

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Greg G.

Quote from: Mr. Bones on February 12, 2013, 08:53:42 PM
Quote from: Brinybay on February 11, 2013, 11:51:25 PM
I took Anita out to dinner at the Space Needle Restaurant for her birthday.  First time either of us has been up there.  The official name of the revolving restaurant at the top is Sky City Restaurant.

Greg,

First of all, and foremost, a belated "Happy Birthday" to Anita!

She says thank you!

Brilliant picture (!!), especially if it was by a staff member!

Yes, the waitress took it for us with my camera.

You lot look quite dashing, and debonaire! 8)

Thank you!

Here, in the Heartland, we have to rely upon libations to get the restaurant to spin,

Hahaha!! 

- Mike Row
e