"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Weekend Trip in the DeLorean!

Started by DavePEI, February 15, 2013, 08:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

HI All:

I am planning to take a trip back to 1965 in the DeLorean this weekend if I can get the flux capacitor charged sufficiently. Anybody have any goodies they want me to pick up for them back then?  :D

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

Quote from: DavePEI on February 15, 2013, 08:14:21 PMI am planni9ng to take a trip back to 1965 in the DeLorian this weekend if I can get the flux capacitor charged sufficiently.

You just need a bolt of lightning fed directly into the flux capacitor, only needs 1.21 Jigawatts to operate... ;D

Or nip ahead a couple of years to 2015 and get yourself a Mr. Fusion kit... :D

DavePEI

Quote from: twocvbloke on February 15, 2013, 08:39:35 PM
Quote from: DavePEI on February 15, 2013, 08:14:21 PMI am planni9ng to take a trip back to 1965 in the DeLorian this weekend if I can get the flux capacitor charged sufficiently.

You just need a bolt of lightning fed directly into the flux capacitor, only needs 1.21 Jigawatts to operate... ;D

Or nip ahead a couple of years to 2015 and get yourself a Mr. Fusion kit... :D
Jumpin Gigawatts! Mr. Fusion would work great!

Thinking of picking up a few Picturephones and I am going to stop by GTE/AE in Brockville to pick up some coloured AE's ;)

Now, guys and gals, use your imaginations and think of what you would like me to pick up for you if it were possible!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

Mr. Bones

Quote from: DavePEI on February 15, 2013, 08:14:21 PM
HI All:

I am planning to take a trip back to 1965 in the DeLorian this weekend if I can get the flux capacitor charged sufficiently. Anybody have any goodies they want me to pick up for them back then?  :D

Dave
Dave,

Please, I implore you!!!

Stop by 709 Elmwood Ave., Excelsior Springs, MO, and pick up my sanity, naivete, and Joie de vivre! All would come in handy, about nowadays!

I'll gladly chip in several tanks of gasoline. (At 1965 prices, of course!)15¢-20¢-ish/gal. for Ethyl!

Sigh.

(I already have the WE500 (MEdford7-3403, from there, and the Moss Green one from 710 Elmwood (Grandma's, ME7-3759) so don't bother pokin' around too much lookin' for great phone deals. I pretty much cleared the neighborhood out when I was 10 yrs old.) ;)
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

DavePEI

Quote from: Mr. Bones on February 15, 2013, 10:20:35 PM
Quote from: DavePEI on February 15, 2013, 08:14:21 PM
HI All:

I am planning to take a trip back to 1965 in the DeLorian this weekend if I can get the flux capacitor charged sufficiently. Anybody have any goodies they want me to pick up for them back then?  :D

Dave
Dave,

Please, I implore you!!!

Stop by 709 Elmwood Ave., Excelsior Springs, MO, and pick up my sanity, naivete, and Joie de vivre! All would come in handy, about nowadays!

I'll gladly chip in several tanks of gasoline. (At 1965 prices, of course!)15¢-20¢-ish/gal. for Ethyl!

Sigh.
Sounds like a plan. Yes, I need full use of my legs back, too, and a ticker that works better! - it would be great! ;D

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

WesternElectricBen

AE_Collector

If the DeLorean is able to tow another vehicle can you stop in 1975 or 76 and pick up my 1974 Chev Vega Woodie Wagon that I dropped a 350 V8 4bbl into to solve any possible future engine prolems that may have cropped up? I had a lot of fun with that car!

Terry

Mr. Bones

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 16, 2013, 03:10:35 AM
If the DeLorean is able to tow another vehicle can you stop in 1975 or 76 and pick up my 1974 Chev Vega Woodie Wagon that I dropped a 350 V8 4bbl into to solve any possible future engine prolems that may have cropped up? I had a lot of fun with that car!

Terry
Yup! Ain't no doubt about it...

Vega+350 4bbl=FUN!!! :o BTDT. If Dave can pick it up, take me for a ride down Memory Lane, please, Terry! ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

DavePEI

Quote from: Mr. Bones on February 16, 2013, 05:23:10 AM
Quote from: AE_Collector on February 16, 2013, 03:10:35 AM

Terry
Yup! Ain't no doubt about it...

Vega+350 4bbl=FUN!!! :o BTDT. If Dave can pick it up, take me for a ride down Memory Lane, please, Terry! ;)

Best regards!
<G>, sounds like I will have to hook a vehicle hauler to the DeLorean's hitch! I can think of the odd woman I might bring back with me, too! Have to find my libido back then, or all would go to waste. Stop looking over my shoulder, Linda!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

Mr. Bones

Dave

We might have to twiddle and tweak about with the Flux Capacitor to allow for the extra weight involved, but sounds worth the effort. ;) No worries, I'm an Electrician...

I'm not sure I quite understand the 'odd woman' term; are there other kinds? Surely not! :o :o :o

I hope all is well there on PEI, best regards! ;)
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

zaphod01

Please make a side trip to Dallas and rescue my Yamaha 305 before I stuff into the side of a '66 Ford Fairlane. It deserved a better fate!

Robert

"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

AE_Collector

Quote from: Mr. Bones on February 16, 2013, 05:23:10 AM

Best regards!

The Vega was built to have a rotary engine in it that GM was working on so there was just enough room to get a small block V8 in there and still have it look as though it rolled off of te assembly line that way. I took pride in making it look stock GM.

Terry

DavePEI

Upon rethinking this, I'd far rather take the time machine off the Delorean along with the flux capacitor, and install it on a tractor trailer, and instead of going back to the 60s, go back to the 80s and buy as much C.O. scrap as possible, and bring it back to the present. Maybe go back for several trips!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

Quote from: DavePEI on February 17, 2013, 01:20:52 PMI'd far rather take the time machine off the Delorean along with the flux capacitor, and install it on a tractor trailer

Now, everyone knows a DeLorean DMC-12 can barely make it to 90MPH, but a tractor-trailer getting to 88MPH??

DavePEI

Quote from: twocvbloke on February 17, 2013, 01:33:38 PM
Quote from: DavePEI on February 17, 2013, 01:20:52 PMI'd far rather take the time machine off the Delorean along with the flux capacitor, and install it on a tractor trailer

Now, everyone knows a DeLorean DMC-12 can barely make it to 90MPH, but a tractor-trailer getting to 88MPH??

Ok, Here's another scenario... Buy a huge warehouse, and pay the taxes for the next 30 years in advance and set up a fund for its preservation, then load it will all sorts of wonderful goodies, to be harvested in the present. Now, that should work :)

Then bring the Delorean home to 2013!

Back to the Future!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001