News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let's see your Turquoise phones guys!! (and gals)

Started by Dan, November 03, 2010, 11:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul-f

Quote from: HarrySmith on November 05, 2010, 01:27:16 PM
You had to throw in one picture with the Turquoise on the left?? :D

Problem solved.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

paul-f

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

HarrySmith

Cool, that's much better, must be all in the same order. I think it's called OCD ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Adam

Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

jsowers

Just wanted to make sure you were paying attention!  :)  Actually that one was taken that way and the rest are assembled from two separate pictures. The pictures were all taken years ago.
Jonathan

Jester

Quote from: paul-f on November 05, 2010, 01:59:27 PM

Problem solved.
What's funny is when you see a picture of someone posing that some editor thought would look better if the subject were facing the other way, so they flip the image and the phone in the background looks just like the image above.  But I'm probably the only one that was looking for the phone in that shot anyway.
Stephen

Jim Stettler

Quote from: ESalter on November 04, 2010, 06:39:15 PM
Nice 1220!  I recently picked up one for $10 on ebay, I'm in the process of fixing it up as well.  The flex circuit board was replaced with a 1978 one, so I found a 1960s dated one to replace it with. 

Was the 1978 circuit board IC based?
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

dsk

:D Paul is that a trick to get one of those modern telephones with rotarepo together with the  0  ???

dsk

cchaven

Beautiful 302 Doug!  Wow...that color looks amazing on it.

My turquoise Princess is definately turquoise, not aqua.  I do have an aqua 500 who's plastics have discolored to turquoise and I could put the receiver caps on the Princess and hardly tell the difference.  Attached are two pictures, both with the same two sets of receiver caps.  One picture of the inside, one picture of the outside.  You can see just how much the aqua caps have changed to nearly match the turquoise of the other caps.  The turquoise caps are date 4-63, and the aqua caps are dated 4-67.

Jeff

Doug Rose

Quote from: cchaven on November 05, 2010, 04:53:06 PM
Beautiful 302 Doug!  Wow...that color looks amazing on it.

My turquoise Princess is definately turquoise, not aqua.  I do have an aqua 500 who's plastics have discolored to turquoise and I could put the receiver caps on the Princess and hardly tell the difference.  Attached are two pictures, both with the same two sets of receiver caps.  One picture of the inside, one picture of the outside.  You can see just how much the aqua caps have changed to nearly match the turquoise of the other caps.  The turquoise caps are date 4-63, and the aqua caps are dated 4-67.

Jeff
Hey Jeff....thanks...I found it on CL although its not real, it feels and looks it. Thanks for clearing it up for me on the Turquoise Princeess phones, I appreciate it....Doug
Kidphone

ESalter

So I realize this thread has been dead a while, but...  A couple weeks ago I saw a faded blue hardwired 2500 on ebay.  It looked pretty faded but in nice shape, so I figured I'd see if I could get it cheap.  If nothing else, I figured I could use the older ribbed dial faceplate.  I won the phone for $6 plus shipping.  When I got it I found the color was very uniform, unlike most faded phones.  I took off the handset caps and found they were the same color inside as out, same story with the housing.  I had no idea I was getting a turquoise phone, but I'm pretty happy about it!  Not bad for our first turquoise set, I'd say.  ---Eric 

cihensley@aol.com

Good looking phone at a very reasonable price.

Chuck

Dave F

Quote from: ESalter on September 28, 2011, 08:42:28 PM
So I realize this thread has been dead a while, but...  A couple weeks ago I saw a faded blue hardwired 2500 on ebay.  It looked pretty faded but in nice shape, so I figured I'd see if I could get it cheap.  If nothing else, I figured I could use the older ribbed dial faceplate.  I won the phone for $6 plus shipping.  When I got it I found the color was very uniform, unlike most faded phones.  I took off the handset caps and found they were the same color inside as out, same story with the housing.  I had no idea I was getting a turquoise phone, but I'm pretty happy about it!  Not bad for our first turquoise set, I'd say.  ---Eric 

Nice phone.  Turquoise 2500s aren't so easy to find, especially at a price like that!  Congrats.

Dave