News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What else do you guys collect?

Started by Steve, December 22, 2008, 10:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

I collect old stuff. I was mostly raised by my Grandparents,they born in the mid teen's.

they showed me a great way of looking at things :)

So... I have lots of pre WWII stuff. my Wife's father was born in 1918, and when I met her, (and ultimately went to their home) I got the warm fuzzys.

Eastlake furniture.
art deco lines.
reminds me of Home:)

I enjoy the quality of older things.

what else do you gent's collect?

show me yours, I'll show you mine :)

If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

bingster

Nowadays, I collect old radios, telephones, 78 RPM records, and old radio shows from the 1920s through the 1960s.  I've gone through phases in collecting, though.  I used to collect watches, fountain pens, old magazines, and tons of other stuff. 
= DARRIN =

Steve

O'MAN..

78'RPM's were my thing.

I had over a thousand at one time, then we moved. :(

MARIO LANZA! OLD BLUES!

got rid of the Victrola.

we had to downsize a few years ago during a move,
now
I have that many (or more) 33 1/3 now. but,I love jazz and blues so the pain is still there.
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

Steve

I love to shave with old razors.

I might have a few ;)

Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

Steve

Okay...

how do I get rid of the upside-down photo guys?

Edited to say: I love the fact that I can post my pics as a zoomable photo. I will post bunches more if you guys like them. IF I can edit what I post! got some photos you guys will like, I just am not a real savvy guy as far as forum stuff gos.
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

Dennis Markham

Steve.  Through the power vested in me (from Mark Stevens)  I have removed the photo that you put on upside down.  You probably could have done it too, but clicking on "modify" then where you put attachments, just uncheck the box for the first attachement.

Dennis

Steve

Quote from: Dennis Markham on December 22, 2008, 11:30:39 PM
Steve.  Through the power vested in me (from Mark Stevens)  I have removed the photo that you put on upside down.  You probably could have done it too, but clicking on "modify" then where you put attachments, just uncheck the box for the first attachement.

Dennis

Thank you!

If you guys don't mind, I can swarm the forum with pics of stuff.

(hopefully stuff you guys want to see!)
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

Steve

This ones right_side up?!

Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

Steve

I do hope these off topic posts fit this forum.

if not, please delete as moderators see fit.
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

McHeath

If you want off topic, you've come to the right section of the forum.   ;D

Steve

I hope my fellow forumites enjoy looking at these. I have a bunch more if anyone's interested:) I have bunches of photos of my stuff I can post here... just no ivory 354 (yet) :(
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

Sargeguy

Ancient Roman coins.  My collecting area is 2nd and 3rd century denarii and antoninianii and large folli from the Tetrarchy through the time of Constantine.  I also like Republican and Imperatorial coinage.  If you have any LMK, will trade handset cords.

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Steve

Now that is alright. I have been looking at roman coins, and shipwreck coins for the cool factor.

my sons 7,and he needs some 'pieces of eight' to complete our pirate play.right?
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

McHeath

Nice coin.  I think the inscription reads "Imperator Caesar Valenius Licinius Licinianus Pius Felix Augustus"

Or, "I'm the Big Cheese"

One of the two.

(oops, I realized at about 5am this morning that it should be "Pius Filus" and not "felix".  How's that for an indicator that I had too much time on my hands?) 

HobieSport

I like Mario Lanza a lot.  Not because he died young but because he could really sing before he was famous.

Have you compared him to Caruso?

I prefer basic blues.  I don't always understand Jazz and Opera.  They are too complicated.  But when Mario sings;  I am in heaven.