News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What is the Favorite Phone that You Own?

Started by Doug Rose, October 11, 2015, 12:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

It's been a little slow on the Forum, so I thought I'd pose a question.

What is the Favorite Phone that You Own??

Post a picture and tell us why. I recently cleaned up this tough to find Navy AE34 and realized it was probably my favorite phone. A lot goes into to it:

Have I ever seen on before?

Is it rare or a tough find?

Is it just cool looking?

I just like it?

Let's see your faves....Doug

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15037.msg156134#msg156134
Kidphone

Southernphoneman

For me, my western electric model 500 from 1950, color black.

paul-f

This is a good holiday weekend topic, Doug -- but is a difficult challenge.

Picking a favorite phone is like picking a favorite child.

Certainly one of my favorites is the "Typewriter Dial" pushbutton pulse dial set featured in the March 2014 Singing Wires.  It demonstrates some of the ingenuity that existed in the early days and the lengths some would go through to invent the "better mousetrap" to make phones easier to use and/or circumvent patents of others.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Doug Rose

WOW!!! I didn't see that in my visit to you....simply outstanding....Doug
Kidphone

AdamAnt316

As with Paul, this is a tough choice for me to make. However, I think the overwhelming favorite is the Western Electric 660A1 Card Dialer. To me, the punch card reader dial sets it apart from the rest of the pack in terms of sheer coolness. Unfortunately, the card reader dial is no longer outputting intelligible pulses; I'm hoping to be able to fix it at some point, but it's a rather complicated mechanism. :(

Dan/Panther

Without a doubt my favorite phone, I can't even imagine any phone I would rather have.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Tonyrotary

Mine would be the WE 300. Though I grew up in an era where there were none left in service. But the WE 500 was still around which led me to discover the 300. The 500 would be next. Also I think my 300 holds a special place as I got to restore it and did a decent job I think.

unbeldi

Quote from: Tonyrotary on October 19, 2015, 02:29:58 PM
Mine would be the WE 300. Though I grew up in an era where there were none left in service. But the WE 500 was still around which led me to discover the 300. The 500 would be next. Also I think my 300 holds a special place as I got to restore it and did a decent job I think.

Somehow I suspect you don't actually mean a WE 300?

This is a WE 300:

andre_janew

tallguy58

My Northern Electric 393

Cheers........Bill

Greg G.

Quote from: Doug Rose on October 11, 2015, 12:29:26 PM

What is the Favorite Phone that You Own??

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15037.msg156134#msg156134

This question makes me feel like a cat-lady, they are all (around 90) precious to me in their own way.  I will say I have a favorite era, 20s-30s.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e