News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need phone booth part

Started by ldj1002, November 30, 2011, 07:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ldj1002

I have aluminum phone booth. At the top of the center fold in the door there is a spring missing. Where might I find one?

ldj1002

Quote from: ldj1002 on November 30, 2011, 07:37:39 PM
I have aluminum phone booth. At the top of the center fold in the door there is a spring missing. Where might I find one?

Hummmm, can I assume there is no place to get the spring?

Stephen Furley

I think we need more information.  Where in the world are you?  What type of booth is this?  How old?  A picture would help.  Does the booth contain another spring of the same type as the missing one?  If so, or if you could borrow one from another booth, a picture of the spring could certainly help as well.

It may be that it's a standard spring which is used for other purposes, and is readily available, or that it's a special spring but somebody still has spare ones in stock, or that it's totally unavailable, or even that somebody here could make one for you, but we need more to go on.

ldj1002

Quote from: Stephen Furley on December 18, 2011, 10:45:04 AM
I think we need more information.  Where in the world are you?  What type of booth is this?  How old?  A picture would help.  Does the booth contain another spring of the same type as the missing one?  If so, or if you could borrow one from another booth, a picture of the spring could certainly help as well.

It may be that it's a standard spring which is used for other purposes, and is readily available, or that it's a special spring but somebody still has spare ones in stock, or that it's totally unavailable, or even that somebody here could make one for you, but we need more to go on.

Stephen
Thanks for RE: I have attached these photos. As you can see the name of booth isn't readable but from what is there maybe someone can Identify it. Other photos is close up of inside and outside of where spring goes plus a full view of outside.
L.D.

stub

ldj1002,
             This is a starting place.    download, go to pg. 11.  Good luck ....     stub

http://tinyurl.com/78yxwvp
Kenneth Stubblefield

stub

ldj1002,
              This one might help--      http://tinyurl.com/7stynpn                            stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Dan/Panther

Is there a spring on the bottom of the door that you could have duplicated ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

ldj1002

No spring on bottom and not supposed to be one.

ldj1002

I have aluminum phone booth with folding doors. I need the spring that goes in the center fold of the door. Any idea where to get one?

Russ Kirk

I believe a question similar to this was asked a while back. 

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5887.0

I think this is duplication of that thread.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

ldj1002

Quote from: Russ Kirk on February 02, 2012, 01:15:17 PM
I believe a question similar to this was asked a while back. 

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5887.0

I think this is duplication of that thread.

Russ,
That was me a couple months ago. It was on collectors corner. I decided to try  here in general discussion and might get different folks. None of the leads I got before failed to find me a spring. In fact I have found very little about phone booths anywhere on line.
Again, any help appreciated.
L.D.

Russ Kirk

Here are some suggestions.

These sites have tons of old phone items - send them a photo and description of the spring.  They may have just what you need.

www.phonecoinc.com
www.Oldtelephone.com
www.oldphoneman.com

Awhile back I needed some parts for an English candlestick from the 20's.  I sent some collectors some photos asking for help.  One guy replied that he had some NOS parts.  Who knows,  maybe you'll hit pay dirt.

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI