News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A dynamic duo

Started by AET, April 06, 2009, 11:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Well guys, I finally won something on eBay for once!  Here's the new acquisition.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270366691596
- Tom

Bill Cahill

Good deal on the phones!!!!  ;D
They will polish up very nicely. You can buy adaptors to connect to the cord to plug them into modular jacks.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dennis Markham

Tom, that's a good buy.  Two for the price of one.  Those should clean up nicely.  Congratulations.  What are you going to do with all those phones??

AET

I know our local radio shack carries the 4-prong adaptors.  If I ever get moved out of my folkses house and buy this trailer house I'm looking at, I'll display them all over, but as I get a more complete collection, I plan on buying them and fixing them up for resale, and for someone else's enjoyment.  I do hate to break up this lot on account of the same manufacture date!
- Tom

Sargeguy

Ha!  You call that a deal?  Lookee here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=390037781112

$1.87 each and I got the funeral home sticker for no extra charge!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

bingster

We have three... Do I hear four?
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

Sarge, that was a deal.  I just bought a non dial black 500 for $4.99 plus $12 and some change to get it.  I needed one of those later dial blanks.  You did good on that buy.

I don't know how they'll ship all three of those for $12.50

AET

Definately a deal Sarge!!!  Quick question.  Can dial-less phones still receive calls?
- Tom

Dennis Markham

AET

Thanks Dennis!  I always wondered that.  I have always refused to buy a phone that doesn't at least have some sort of use, so now I know I can buy one of these puppies!
- Tom

McHeath

Nice job, you done well.  Those will look pretty fine all shined up and glowing black, waiting to wake the dead with their ringers on full.  I think you did real well.

McHeath

QuoteI don't know how they'll ship all three of those for $12.50

Exactly how that fellow I bought my British 706 from in Israel is going to ship that phone to me, FROM Israel, for $4.99 has me befuddled. 

And gee it seems to be the night of the great deals on black 500s.  I'm feeling left out. :'(

Dennis Markham

I watched a couple of them end today with no bids...both under $10

This one has been relisted:  Old number:  370181471867

This one ended a couple of days ago:  370180735044

This one ended for $9.99 with two bids.  Straight handset cord:  130297601877   

All three looked decent.

Sargeguy

Arrived today.  I am going to part out the dial-less ones.  The are pretty rough (the dial cards say "Barn" and "Shed" if that is any indication).  I need the handset cords and the dial card holders, and they each come with 4-prong round plugs as a bonus.  The dial phone is a matching date 1-16-1957 that is cleaning up nicely.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dennis Markham

That one from '57 is worth the price of the rest.  The finger wheel looked like it has some paint loss on the holes.  But those '57 phones are getting harder to find.  Will you put it on eBay or will you keep it?