News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ATC Genie Instructions for version with Hold & Redial (Pictures needed)

Started by RotoTech99, September 28, 2014, 01:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

I have an ATC Genie that has the "Deluxe keypad" that has HOLD, REDIAL, and a LARGE BUTTON marked "Emergency" on the center of the keypad, and the dial buttons are backlit. 

I'm trying to put together an archive of photos and instruction sheets for this, and the "basic version" with unlit dial as I'm running across a number of these locally. I personally have two of the "basic" Genies; 1 Peach and 1 Ant. White/Brown that work well outside of having to fix a speaker wire on the ringer.

I recall the large center button lights when HOLD is depressed, but have no idea of what "Emergency" refers to on it.

I had the instruction sheet at one time, but don't now... Does anyone have that or can send a picture of the keypad?

I do remember this version had issues with the keypad circuitry, unlike the earlier "basic version" with a unlit keypad.

If anyone has the instructions or photos for either version, please let me know,

Thank you
~RotoTech99

paul-f

Here are two photos I harvested many years ago. 

I also have one on display in my collection. 

These do not have any lettering on the central light and the light is on when the hold feature is active.  It goes on when the HOLD button is pushed and off when the hookswitch is flashed.

The photo you posted looks like it came from this auction:
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/201122628072

I suspect that set is like some of the red sets that turn up occasionally marked "HOT LINE," and doubt that the "Emergency" wording means anything.  You might ask the seller for info.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

RotoTech99

I used the photo from the auction because I couldn't find my set after having dug around for it.

The center button I found out said "Emergency Dial" on it, and would sometimes have a green LED in addition to the red LED.