News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1939 302 with a color phone cover by Mason

Started by persido, August 18, 2013, 03:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persido

This morning at the Flea Market I came across this metal 302 with one of those color covers on it, I think it was once white. The seller was asking $60, I was able to talk him down to $48.  This cover must of been on the phone since sometime in the 50's, it had shrunk and was on the phone real tight. After getting all the pieces off the phone a real nice 1939 302 saw day light again. The handset has a great shine almost like new. And it works, it has a great ring. Some paint is missing on the upper part of the phone, I'll strip it and give it a nice powder coat paint job.

AE40FAN

Nice Find.  I know who to go too when I need a paint job done on a metal phone!  Be sure to post after photos.

-Frank

HowardPgh

I wouldn't be worried about that little bit of paint loss around the cradle ears.

Do you do the powder coating? I have a really ugly Stromberg Carlson 1222 that I would like to restore.
Howard

persido

I don't do the powder coating myself, I have a friend who works in the maintenance department at my work, he powder coats machine parts along with auto parts for our company trucks. This is the 3rd phone I've had him do, so far so good all 3 have came out great. I have spay painted several 302's but could never get the look that the powder coat gives. Pictures below is the restored 1939 302 that I finished today, it was powder coated yesterday.

WesternElectricBen