News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My newest phone

Started by bushman, April 29, 2010, 06:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

I just received this one today!! It has a crack in the front, The dial is slow, and it's missing one of the bands. I think I can bring it back to life though. What is the deal with the two bails on top? I know they are to help hold the handset in place, But I have never seen one with these. They look like a factory install. I will be looking for help on this one for parts and bakelite repair procedures. Thanks

Bushman

LarryInMichigan

Bushman,

I believe that your phone was made for use on a ship or perhaps a train.  One of the forum members bought an AE50 which had previously had similar clips.

Larry

bushman

That would be pretty cool if it was a train phone or a ship phone. I am also into trains and I happen to be a drawbridge tender. ;D

Bushman

Doug Rose

This was used on ships and you hardly ever see them without cracks.....Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

Dollars to Doughnuts  my guess is that phone could have came off the Queen Mary....I was one of the founding members of the ORIGINAL "Queen Mary Foundation" in 1985, I'm going to make a few calls to see if they used Monophones on the Queen. They may have used GPO phones.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan/Panther

Bushman;
I was not right. here is a photo of phones used on the Queen Mary 1.
D/P

LarryInMichigan

D/P,

Those Queen Mary phones are really classy.  I'd love to get one, but I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend.

Larry

McHeath

Pretty neat phone, never seen anything with clips like that. 

bushman

Since this is my first 40. Are those chrome pieces that hold the receiver buttons available or do I need to get them rechromed. I might be getting ahead of myself as I haven't even opened the phone up yet. But I figured I would ask anyway.

Bushman

Dan/Panther

Bushman;
You can get those rings, but they are not real cheap, I think about $40.00 a set. Last time I checked.
D/P