and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stromberg carlson 1211

Started by Steve, January 11, 2009, 03:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Quote from: HobieSport on December 25, 2009, 04:23:19 PM

I'm not for or against guns or rifles

I'm glad.  My dad's in the Gun business, and real estate.
- Tom

HobieSport

I do respect your father, Tom.  But I am not at liberty to discuss guns and real estate in polite society on this forum.

All that aside, the Stromberg Carlson 1211 is an awesome telephone and I hope we can help find an affordable one for Brinybay.
-Matt

Greg G.

Quote from: HobieSport on December 25, 2009, 04:23:19 PM
Do you mean Steve who had a six shooter in his avatar?

I'm not for or against guns or rifles but I'll send him an Xmas email about telephones.

As long as everyone remembers that this thread is about trying to find an affordable SC 1211 for Brinybay/Greg then count me in.

Or even not-so-affordable ones, that's never stopped me from getting something I really want.  Steve's was a real bargain.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Ellen

That very cool car is missing it's headlights.  But you see it does have a split windshield!

Greg G.

Quote from: Ellen on December 26, 2009, 06:55:10 AM
That very cool car is missing it's headlights.  But you see it does have a split windshield!

???
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Ellen

Quote from: Brinybay on December 26, 2009, 04:05:04 PM
Quote from: Ellen on December 26, 2009, 06:55:10 AM

???

The SC 1211 looks, to me,  like a car. 
Happy New Year.

McHeath

Does look like a car not that you mention it, sorta Batmobile merged with a Hudson. 

Steve

I thought my ears were burning!

Hows everyone doing? sorry I haven't  been around. been busy, and haven't  had time for phones. :(   sacrilege, I know.

Hope everyone's had a great holiday.

Steve
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

McHeath

No problem Steve, we were just about to divy up your phones however, and you missed the free giveaway of WE 1949 500s that happened last month. ;)

HobieSport

Good to hear from you Steve. I took about six months off the forum too. So I missed out on those giveaway '49 500's too. ;)
-Matt

Greg G.

Quote from: Steve on January 04, 2010, 12:33:08 PM

I thought my ears were burning!

Hows everyone doing? sorry I haven't  been around. been busy, and haven't  had time for phones. :(   sacrilege, I know.

Hope everyone's had a great holiday.

Steve

We were wondering if you ever got a dial for your SC 1211.
- Mike Row
e

Steve

Sorry, I missed your reply in this thread Briny.

No, I haven't come up with a dial yet, and the ringer is not a S.L. either :(

I have it on the wall in the new dining room now. it works as an extension but I haven't run a line to it yet. I ran across another thread a bit ago where you were looking at a white one. I really like the looks of that one!

if I had one that needed to be painted, I would consider that or a nile green. seems to be a natural fit. I wonder if they originally offered any in colors?
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

Greg G.

Quote from: Steve on January 30, 2010, 06:21:31 PM

Sorry, I missed your reply in this thread Briny.

No, I haven't come up with a dial yet, and the ringer is not a S.L. either :(

I have it on the wall in the new dining room now. it works as an extension but I haven't run a line to it yet. I ran across another thread a bit ago where you were looking at a white one. I really like the looks of that one!

if I had one that needed to be painted, I would consider that or a nile green. seems to be a natural fit. I wonder if they originally offered any in colors?

The emerald green one in OPW was awesome.  I'm a little reluctant to paint phones though.  Reminds me of what Henry Ford once said about his early cars:  "You can have any color you want, as long as it's black!"
- Mike Row
e