News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric Sewing Machine

Started by Doug Rose, December 18, 2015, 03:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This left Framingham in great shape, ended up at the Telephone Museum..... destroyed. This took a pretty good whack as the major destruction is in the sturdy wooden base and not the very fragile cover. The metal machine itself still displays very well, but the wood is ruined. The box shows no outside damage to it.

FedEx denied our claim saying there was just a tiny scratch on the top that was there in the pictures. Obviously it was never looked at. Denied! They stated it was packed very well, but it looked fine to them. We received it back last week and Janet spent hours on the phone with FedEx.

We use FedEx for anything that does not fit into a Priority box. We are rethinking UPS for larger items. We finally received our refund today but Janet was treated poorly by the numerous reps she talked with....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Metal machine still look good, paint is good. Offers will be accepted for it or it will be on eBay in a week....Doug
Kidphone

Buzby

How much do these things normally go for? My wife is into sewing and it may be of interest to her.

Thanks, Jonathan

AE_Collector

I have one that I should sell though I am not certain that it is exactly the same. Rounded top "portable case".

How far was it travelling? What Telephone Museum?

Terry

Doug Rose

Terry....the JKL Museum. John, Remco and Wayne. It was going across the country to CA from MA...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

One good thing  :-\  This beautiful WE wood sign that was glued on to the broken cover pried off with no damage. I was amazed it didn't crack and split!....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: Buzby on December 18, 2015, 04:47:25 PM
How much do these things normally go for? My wife is into sewing and it may be of interest to her.

Thanks, Jonathan
Jonathan....I do no think it would be in working condition, more for a display. Either build a wood base for it or take one from the plentiful  supply of sewing machines at yard sales and Flea market...thanks...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

the sewing machine has been spoken for.....Doug
Kidphone

19and41

Beautiful machine.  I wonder if Greyhound would have done better by it?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke