News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - February 2018

Started by AE_Collector, January 31, 2018, 12:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - February 2018     ** Vote For TWO **

wds Stunning Ivory North $99 &  $11 Shiping -$50 insurance refund for damage = $60 US
12 (40%)
FabPhones 1960's Ivory French Ericsson for about $6 US at a Junk Shoppe in France
9 (30%)
AE_Collectors Ericsson AC130 Skeletal from 1914 for about $40 US on FB Marketplace
21 (70%)
Wayback Mike's WEstern Electric Gold Imperial with Subset for $80 US delivered
8 (26.7%)
Duffy's Northern Telecom Clear Solo mold evaluation & testing model for $11.27 US
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

AE_Collector

Post your "Find of the Month" here.

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it.

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.
- The item can be acquired for free but it can not be a gift or present from anyone.
- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.
- Only one "Find" per owner can be in a "Find of the Month" contest.

A Nomination Should Include:

1) where and/or how the item was found.
2) the price & shipping cost.
3) the forum link to the topic discussing the find.
4) the eBay link if won there.
5) and other information of importance about the find.
6) one or two pictures of the item.

Ideally your item would be posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum such as "Auction Talk", "Flea Market/Yard Sale Finds" or "Collectors Corner" Board. Then you or anyone else can nominate your "Find" to the Current "Find of the Month" thread by posting at least one picture and other details including the price paid, any shipping costs and a link to the original discussion on the forum. It is not a requirement that your find be posted elsewhere on the forum but the more details the better.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one phone or one "Find" that might include limited multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners, click here:
          --> Winner's List <--

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on forum. Thanks John.  To check them out, click here:
          --> Photo Album <--

Terry

AE_Collector

Any Finds for February surfacing yet?

Duffy....you've got a sign left over from last month I think?

Terry

Terry,

I will hold off for a bit. I got a lead on something that may be even better. I'll know more this weekend.  It's one of those things that you go Hmmm!  :)

Doug

Doug Rose

I'd like to nominate WDS Dave's stunning Ivory North. It looks tremendous!! Good job of repairing what a lazy seller did to it....Doug

$99 plus $11 Shiping Less $50 insurance refund for shipping damage = $60

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19798.0
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Thought I'd give wds and his Ivory North some competition with the Jade Green GPO 332 that .... wds ... just bought. Oh well, next month for the Green GPO I guess! It woukd have been good....Ivory North versus Jade Green GPO.

Terry

FABphones

Hi. Hope I'm doing this correctly. May I nominate my French 1960's phone?

I found it in a Depot Vente (junk shop) in France. I was en-route to visit the Normandy landing beaches when I stopped off to have a mooch around. The phone cost 5 euros (approximately 6 dollars). The condition in the photo is exactly as I found it. No damage, dial turns as it should:

Forum link:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19860.0
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

AE_Collector

Yes of course! Excellent nomination and of course thanks for visiting the Normandy Beaches too!

Terry

AE_Collector

February is QUICKLY Disappearing and not too many "Fone Phinds" happening! A couple more days to get your entries in....

Terry

Haf

Terry

didn't you forgot to nominate your Ericsson AC130 Skeletal Magneto Desk Telephone? If so, I'd like to nominate it now :)

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

AE_Collector

Yes I guess I should. The few times I have nominated something of mine was usually if it was a slow Find of the Month which has the added benefit of Less Competition! Don't think I've ever won though!

Here's the discussion:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19762.0

Paid $50 Canadian which is almost exactly $40 US and arranged free transportation for it to me through the "daughter & friends network"!

Jim Stettler

I nominate Wayback Mike and his working Imperial for $80.00 delivered.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19926.0;topicseen

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

February has been a good month for me with all the great finds I have found. I chose the clear NT Solo mold evaluation and testing  model phone to enter in this months contest. I got it with 5 other phones plus a chrome butt set, all for $100.00 CDN ($78.88 USD) I picked them up.

So $100.00 CDN divided 7 = $14.29 CDN ($11.27 USD) for the clear NT Solo.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19863

AE_Collector

Okay, February's Find of the Month poll is up and ready for your votes. Just FIVE Finds for this month, must be due to the short month!

I decided to go with TWO votes each so start placing them.......NOW.

Terry

AE_Collector

Well, that was quite decisive though all the "Finds" got a nice number of votes. Everyone liked the Ericsson Skeletal .... I guess maybe it is one of those items that is different enough that most can agree that it might be nice to have one in their collection.

I guess I better get back to work on it. I played with it for a bit and then got side tracked with other items. It is still sitting in my work bench waiting for me to get back to work on it so I will endeavour to do that.

Thanks for the votes everyone, I think this is my first Find if the Month win though I haven't entered very often. Lots of nice phones this month. Thanks for entering and thanks for voting. On to March!

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners, click here:  --> Winner's List <--

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on forum. Thanks John.  To check them out, click here:  --> Photo Album <--

Terry

Pourme

Congrats, Terry!...Some fantastic phones this month! Yours was a well deserved win!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service