News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE Stick On CL

Started by Doug Rose, December 15, 2019, 12:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I just met the person who sold me this stick for $50 on CL He lived down the Cape but was passing by on a trip today. His mother worked at NET. Beautiful condition. Just needs a MP and a receiver cap.

Amazing 2AE dial with a great porcelain dial plate and origiana party line dial card.
Kidphone

mcmurdosilver

That's a great deal!
Who would have thought you could find a deal like this nowadays!

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Desert Phone Guy

This phone has relocated to a warmer climate in Arizona... It also received a detail job upon arrival.  I added a NOS line cord, mouthpiece and receiver. 

It cleaned up nicely  and displays really well.

Steve

Doug Rose

Super job Steve...came out fantastic...went to a good home.....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Great job Steve, it looks amazing.
Gary

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Ed Morris

Very nice.  A dial candlestick is on my wash list.
Ed

Sargeguy

I did not realize that E type dials were a thing in New England.  I should know better by now though
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

poplar1

The number card -- "5-3094" --and the E plate are a perfect match: this phone was served by a rather large central office that had local trunks to one or more manual offices.  The manual office still had some party lines (2-party and perhaps 4-party) that required the party code (J, M, R, or W) after theline number called.

Party line suffix letters were not used to call other dial phones. Even on party lines, dial station numbers were all numbers (except for 2- or 3- letters in front where needed for the office name(.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Jack Ryan

Quote from: poplar1 on January 15, 2020, 12:56:15 PM
The number card -- "5-3094" --and the E plate are a perfect match: this phone was served by a rather large central office that had local trunks to one or more manual offices.  The manual office still had some party lines (2-party and perhaps 4-party) that required the party code (J, M, R, or W) after theline number called.

Party line suffix letters were not used to call other dial phones. Even on party lines, dial station numbers were all numbers (except for 2- or 3- letters in front where needed for the office name(.

Yes, that was how the 2AE number plate was used in the majority of cases but there were instances (Southwestern Bell Telephone Company) where the plate was used (misused) in another way. The letters were used as an office code like the 2AG (Dallas Texas) dial. That is how all (except in Copenhagen, Denmark) lettered dials were used prior to the introduction of the Blauvelt lettering system.

Jack

Dan/Panther

Beautiful Stick. Great clean up.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

phonetech87

Doug:

Beautiful Restoration job you have done.

Ben 

Doug Rose

Quote from: phonetech87 on January 17, 2020, 11:47:24 AM
Doug:

Beautiful Restoration job you have done.

Ben 
I can take credit for finding the stick but Steve was the one to bring it back to its past glory...Doug
Kidphone