News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kellogg 900

Started by NYFED, August 06, 2009, 10:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYFED

After  A LOT of work, and polishing etc etc (you all know the story) this is the end result. There is however a crack in the front of the case and I will be undertaking that task in short order.  BTW: If anyone knows where I can get a celluloid center (or even the metal one) for the front, please let me know.

Hobie asked to see pix. Here are some.

Dan

Beautiful "pyramid " telephone. I have one also. They have a sweet little "muted" ring to them too.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

McHeath

Fine work on that one.  I've never seen one in person but they sure have presence about them!

Phonesrfun

Beautiful work!  Can I send you some of mine to do??   ;D

-Bill
-Bill G

NYFED

Bill-
      You know, I've often thought about paying alot of money for phones that are already rescued.  But that would take the fun out of it. Now, there are some things I might send a phone out for: for instance, if this crack in my 900 looks to  be too much for me to handle, I may see if there are any takers on the forum.

foots

Nice phone, I like those a lot. I noticed you changed the handset on it to what I guess is an earlier one (?) which looks much better in my opinion.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

NYFED

FOOTS-
              The first up close color photo (w/ NUFINISH in the background) had the wrong handset on it! I grabbed the handset from my 'parts' Kellogg 1000. LOL! The subsequent pics had the correct handset on it.  Here is a pic of the 'ultimate' 900! Thanks to Frank Franowski. Here is the website:
http://www.telephonearchive.com/phones/kg/kg900.html

Here is an example of my dream 900:

NYFED

ANYONE????  ???

JorgeAmely

NYFED:

As a bench warmer, perhaps you can create one with photoshop.
Jorge

NYFED

I was hoping maybe someone knew where I could replace the celluloid cover and or where I could get a metal one.  Photoshop is probably my last resort.

Phonesrfun

NYFED:

I like your workshop.  Probably because it looks a lot like one I used to have, and therefore it looks comfortable.  I need to set something up that is truly a workshop, rather than using my desk and using my kitchen.

-Bill Geurts
-Bill G

NYFED

PHONESRFUN-
                      Thanks. The sad reality is that those phones u can see in the pics are only about 1/10 of the 'projects' I have in front of me.