News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Getting Them Started Early

Started by ESalter, February 21, 2013, 10:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ESalter

I was fixing up an L31 pedestal and enclosure today to bring to my apartment.  My 2 and a half year old daughter Kaitlyn was "helping".  As soon as I put the enclosure on the pedestal she started telling me "I want to get in it, I want to get in it!"  So, I helped her "in" it and took a picture.   I brought it home and put it together in my living room a couple hours ago.  It also has a nice Bell System marked 1D2 in it now instead of a little girl.  When we were at my shop(where the photo was taken) I had her pick out the payphone she wanted.  She looked at a couple then popped up and said "That one has  bell!" and pointed to the Bell logo on the faceplate.  She picked a good one.  My girlfriend would have never let me bring it home if it wasn't for Kaitlyn wanting one.  Needless to say, I'm super proud of my little girl!  :)

---Eric

twocvbloke

I hate to say it, but someone spelled Quest incorrectly... :D

AE_Collector

Not if you are a western US telecom! I liked the modification of USWest to USWorst from a number of years back!

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 22, 2013, 01:57:44 AM
Not if you are a western US telecom! I liked the modification of USWest to USWorst from a number of years back!

Terry
Qwest logo....

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Mr. Bones

Quote from: ESalter on February 21, 2013, 10:55:12 PM
I was fixing up an L31 pedestal and enclosure today to bring to my apartment.  My 2 and a half year old daughter Kaitlyn was "helping".  As soon as I put the enclosure on the pedestal she started telling me "I want to get in it, I want to get in it!"  So, I helped her "in" it and took a picture.   I brought it home and put it together in my living room a couple hours ago.  It also has a nice Bell System marked 1D2 in it now instead of a little girl.  When we were at my shop(where the photo was taken) I had her pick out the payphone she wanted.  She looked at a couple then popped up and said "That one has  bell!" and pointed to the Bell logo on the faceplate.  She picked a good one.  My girlfriend would have never let me bring it home if it wasn't for Kaitlyn wanting one.  Needless to say, I'm super proud of my little girl!  :)

---Eric
Eric,

Thanks for the pic; it is truly priceless!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus