News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Newest Find!

Started by HarrySmith, April 18, 2013, 03:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I have been trying to get one of these for a while and I finally got one, or at least most of one, in my price range, FREE!

More to come as work progresses, obviously need some stuff, Terry?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WesternElectricBen

Very cool!! And a great price too!
My aunt saw one at a antique store, this weekend or next I might go and check it out. She also says their is a intercom. This just might be awesome!

Ben

LarryInMichigan

I saw an AE50 in excellent condition with a dial blank for $45 in an antiques mall in Allen twp, MI last week.  I probably should have bought it.  I have one here in nearly perfect condition and another with some damage on one side.

Larry

Mr. Bones

What a great find, Harry!  8) 8)

An AE50 is very high on my desired list, and this one was right in both of our price ranges. :D

You are at least 75% ahead of my quest for one! I hope you enjoy, and have the greatest of luck with a quick find for a nice replacement body, and any other needed parts.

Best regards!

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

AE_Collector

Yeah that's too bad Harry. Of course the busted piece is THE most frequently busted part on an AE 50. I have a few around here similar to that one so I don't have any housings available. Maybe you can get lucky and find a rel basic one cheap on ebaY that is missing the handset and or dial but has a good case. Is it a SL ringer? Dial looks real good as well.

Terry

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 18, 2013, 10:42:49 PM
Yeah that's too bad Harry. Of course the busted piece is THE most frequently busted part on an AE 50. I have a few around here similar to that one so I don't have any housings available. Maybe you can get lucky and find a rel basic one cheap on ebaY that is missing the handset and or dial but has a good case. Is it a SL ringer? Dial looks real good as well.

Terry

Does anyone know of Ray K makes repro AE 50 casings?

Ben

AE_Collector

Yes he does but that will never be an inexpensive fix for a black 50. Way too much work goes into each case.

Terry