News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

554 BMP, any available?

Started by debeaune, August 29, 2014, 12:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

debeaune

Hello all, I am looking for a couple of 554 BMPs, which if my research is correct, will allow me to use this phone on a standard wall mount jack.  If I'm wrong, please let me know.  If you have any to sell, please let me know.  Thanks..Tim

poplar1

You just need the adapter plate with 523A plug to go on the back. I think it's a 228A.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

New England Tel.

Actually, Tim, what you're looking for is a 228A modular adapter. A 554BMP is a complete phone whose baseplate already has the sliding modular plug (523A, I believe).
-Bob Archambault

New England Tel.

Here are pictures of the 228A:

-Bob Archambault

debeaune

Awesome, thank you, I'll start my search for a 228

debeaune

To confirm, the 228A will work for my 554B wall phones?  I assume I hardwire from the phone into the 228A plate/jack?  Thanks

poplar1

You would connect the wires from the 523A plug shown in the second photo--red to L2, green to L1, yellow to G.
The only difference in a 228 and a 228A is that the 228A was furnished with screws for mounting the phone. These adapter plates will also fit 354s.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

HarrySmith

These come up on eBay fairly often. There are also plastic ones available that are cheaper, I do not recall the number but they should be easier to find than the metal ones.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

My experiences with the plastic ones were not good.  The plastic is wider, keeping the phone away from the jack causing poor or no connection.  I have bought junky 554's at flea markets, garage sales, etc. just for the 228A back plate.  I have found them under $5.  The back plates I've seen recently on eBay start at $9.99....then there's shipping.

~Dennis

debeaune

Found some on site, thanks Phil.