unbeldi

unbeldi

BDM

Love these types of discussions
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

unbeldi

BDM

I do not even own a colored 302. Personally unless one falls into my lap at the right price, I doubt I ever will. Not so much a lack of money but more a lack of interest in dropping those dollars on these types of phones. I tend to spend my bigger dollars in radio equipment and such. But I do appreciate and pay attention to the work you fine folks perform ;)
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

unbeldi

BDM

Quote from: unbeldi on June 01, 2014, 09:59:05 PM
Nice old radios aren't chicken feed either.

Believe, this I know! But I also spend money on HAM gear. Very very pricey at times ;)
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

unbeldi

Matilo Telephones

Very interesting to read how you go about this, unbeldi. I have a tenite housing with a crack (not as bad as your red one) I am wanting to repair.

I am not disagreeing with you and I only ask out of curiosity, why did you soften the edges with acetone in the beginning? Wouldn't that make it more difficult to close the crack, as the 2 halves do not fit together quite exactly anymore?

Really good job sofar and very good explanation of what is going on.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

baldopeacock

Quote from: BDM on June 01, 2014, 07:25:53 PM
Love these types of discussions

Me too.    This is helpful for a lot of folks.

JorgeAmely

unbeldi:
I worked with Dennis Markham years ago in fixing a MedBlue 500 with a nasty crack on the back using a similar method to what you have described. We experienced the same problem: small bubbles as the acetone dries.

I think Chuck from Oakland used a slight variation of the method that uses another solvent and that helped reduce the bubbles. Hopefully he will chime in and tell us what he used or reply with a link to his repair job.

Thanks!
Jorge

unbeldi

unbeldi