News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone Museum Waltham MA Phone Consignment

Started by Doug Rose, June 22, 2018, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

The Telephone Museum Waltham MA is accepting Telephones for Consignment. Lobby of the area the Museum is in has a large case. I have some extras there now since I no longer sell on eBay and CL seems to have dried up in my area. You set your price and they sell for whatever they want win ...win....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Do you have contact info for them? What is thier cut?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Harry....I told them what I want for the phone (s)  and when it sells that is what I get. Whatever mark up they put on it is up to them. Just started, those are my phones in the picture....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Desert Phone Guy

Doug Rose

Steve.... eBay fees....PayPal fees....State taxes....Federal Taxes...after buying the phone and returning it, I was losing money....Doug
Kidphone

Desert Phone Guy

I was just curious.... Most of the local malls in my area charge from 30-40% consignment  commission on the sales price, unless you take a space in the mall.  Booth rent is $100-$125 per month whether I sell anything or not, plus 10 % commission on the sales I do make in the mall.  I usually consign..  Ebay is about 11% and paypal is 3%, so that works out to 14 %.  The seller pays for the shipping costs... I don't mind packaging, as it gets rid of the surplus newspapers, and the boxes are free from USPS. 

I try not to ship anything that won't fit in a flat rate box.

Best place to sell is directly to an individual, or at a show.  Since I moved West, the only show I have attended is the TCI show in Anaheim, which is a 4 hour show, and an 8 hour drive for me.

tubaman

Quote from: Doug Rose on June 22, 2018, 09:42:50 PM
Steve.... eBay fees....PayPal fees....State taxes....Federal Taxes...after buying the phone and returning it, I was losing money....Doug

Do you really have to pay Government taxes on your eBay sales?
In the UK you'd only have to do that if selling as a business, not for your own low volume private sales.
:)

Doug Rose

Yes....State and Federal taxes for anything over $600. A 1099 is submitted from Paypal to the IRS.

Good news is I have a  lot more free time now  :'( ....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Haf

Quote from: Doug Rose on June 23, 2018, 07:38:07 AM
Good news is I have a  lot more free time now  :'( ....Doug

Doug,

I sure will miss you on ebay :( Was always a pleasure seeing you stuff, easy to recognize that it was from you as always pictured on your bath mat- even if I never bought anything from you on ebay.
In Germany, if you are a private seller, strictly according to the law you have to pay income tax, but I really don't know anybody who does and it is not (yet) controlled by government.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

Doug Rose

thanks Haf. I now have this free time on Saturday and Sunday that I used to get phones ready for sale and then list on eBay. I still find myself checking what I have for sale on eBay.  :'(  Old habits die hard.....Doug
Kidphone