News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Shell Needed

Started by NorthernMan, November 16, 2010, 10:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernMan

It should be brown and have one hole at top and without cracks or chips leave the dirt on i can clean it. Will pay at least $33 .
It has to go with my new $67 Ebay purchase which is also brown with chrome bands . Pictures to follow.

NorthernMan

LarryInMichigan

AE_Collector

Does it matter how big the "one hole in the top" is?

What are you saying...you just got the new brown AE type 38 handset on ebay to either replace your cracked handset OR to find a new brown AE 34 shell to put it on?

Terry

AE_Collector

Quote from: NorthernMan on November 16, 2010, 10:59:46 PM
Yes its a new handpiece and hole has to be the size to fit a plunger. I know you guys on the wet coast have stocks of these in a warehouse on the docks somewhere. At least thats what the rumours are.

Just a prairie boy:
NorthernMan

Oh all right then dam it. I'll stop by the old warehouse tomorrow and grab all the colored AE stuff I can get into my van. I'm sure it was all destined for landfill anyway. I'll put the surplus out in the garbage cans so that anyone can grab what they want. Garbage day is next Tuesday.

Terry

stub

Terry,
         I'll bring the cans  ;D !!!  stub

NorthernMan , That's a very nice handset!!!!!!!!!!   stub

Kenneth Stubblefield

Doug Rose

I'm still not sure what you are looking for. You have an Black AE34 in the pictures with a mahogany handset and a black handset. The handsets will not have a hole in the middle of the handset to accommodate the plunger. If you are looking fro a mahogany brown AE 34 shell to replace your black AE34 shell, you will have to go a bit higher than $33. The mahogany brown is a very elusive color in the AE34s. What are you looking for?....Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

The brown bakelite certainly looks nice.  I have a couple of antique radios with brown bakelite cabinets.  I wonder why brown bakelite was used so commonly in radios but so uncommonly in phones. 

If you know of anyone still converting AE34s into lamps, please STOP them!

Larry

JorgeAmely

Quote from: NorthernMan on November 16, 2010, 10:59:46 PM
... I know you guys on the wet coast have stocks of these in a warehouse on the docks somewhere. At least thats what the rumours are.

Just a prairie boy:
NorthernMan

Yeah, sometimes it rains so much here that we all feel wet.  ;D ;D ;D

PS: Just some grammar fun. don't take me too seriously.
Jorge

AE_Collector

I didn't expect Jorge (in California) to catch that the term "wet coast" was anything other than a typo...but I being in Vancouver knew that it was intentional! But I'll bet there is some real complaining in California when it DOES rain!

Doug, NorthernMan is the other guy from Manitoba (Ritchie is the other with the $100 mahogany AE34) who has a mahogany AE34 except he dropped his and had to glue it back together. Still looks pretty nice to me however.

Terry

JorgeAmely

As Doug has said many times: "It's a hobby, it's supposed to be fun!"

Jorge

stub

NorthernMan ,
                 My avatar is a AE- 75-A payphone. The transmitter and dial are together in one housing . I think it was used from 1922 - 23 .  I wish I had one!!!!!!!!!!! stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Doug Rose

Quote from: ae_collector on November 17, 2010, 04:02:38 PM
I didn't expect Jorge (in California) to catch that the term "wet coast" was anything other than a typo...but I being in Vancouver knew that it was intentional! But I'll bet there is some real complaining in California when it DOES rain!

Doug, NorthernMan is the other guy from Manitoba (Ritchie is the other with the $100 mahogany AE34) who has a mahogany AE34 except he dropped his and had to glue it back together. Still looks pretty nice to me however.

Terry
thanks Terry...I get it now, North of the Border is creating a monopoly on these beautiful Brown AE34s. You guys should be thrilled, outstanding phones.

As long as we're looking for those Brown AE34s, count me in as well. I would love to have one. ....Doug

Kidphone

ritchie

The AE34's bakelite handset was hard to drill through without cracking, but I managed to do it without the handset falling in half. I've fixed the light stand in the hole but I need to widen the hole in the shell cause the light wobbles alot. I'll post pics when my Mahogany Ae34 desk lamp is finished.   :o

AE_Collector

Quote from: ritchie on November 26, 2010, 09:48:56 PM
The AE34's bakelite handset was hard to drill through without cracking, but I managed to do it without the handset falling in half. I've fixed the light stand in the hole but I need to widen the hole in the shell cause the light wobbles alot. I'll post pics when my Mahogany Ae34 desk lamp is finished.   :o

I've just used the "Report to Moderator" link on the bottom of your post. Always wondered what that was for!

Terry

Doug Rose

Quote from: ae_collector on November 26, 2010, 11:49:46 PM
Quote from: ritchie on November 26, 2010, 09:48:56 PM

I've just used the "Report to Moderator" link on the bottom of your post. Always wondered what that was for!

Terry
Where is the Report to phone police button? "Yes officer, there has been an unspeakable crime!"
Kidphone