News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Which system for my phones ?

Started by LoveOldPhones, October 27, 2016, 11:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoveOldPhones

OK great !   I will look at them.  Thanks for your help.

andy1702

I'm in the UK and use a BT Revelation, which is very similar to the Panasonic 616 etc. However I do have a couple of Panasonic 616s that I use for displays when I take my phones to exhibitions etc. The 616 is good because I just plug the phones straight in via a small inline adapter with the US RJ11 plug on one end and a UK style socket on the other. Bags full of adapters are available on E-Bay. I use the adapters with capacitors built in, which allows me to use normally wired uk phones which are expecting to find an external capacitor, normally in the house master socket.

2nd hand Panasonic 616s etc are available cheap on E-Bay. If you don't get a system phone then just do a factory reset on the unit before you use it. That will return any custom settings like call forwarding etc back to something sensible and may be all you need for a simple system.

These units take in pulse or tone from the extensions and I believe (from memory) you can select what they send down the line. Mine sends pulses to extensions but tone down the outside line. This means you don't need rotatones etc.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

compubit

The KX-TA624 and KX-TA824 devices work perfectly.  I got my 624 from my company for a bag of Halloween candy (we acquired the KX-TA624 when we purchased a small company in Florida). (Mine has the voicemail unit plus a few other parts - I just use the base unit for now).

Everything on it is Modular, and most of the ones on eBay only have the first module (it basically starts as a "308" (3 incoming lines, 8 lines for phones), and then you add a second module for make it a "616" (6 incoming, 16 phones). The third module either adds 8 more phones ("624") or 8 phones and 2 lines ("824").

I have 6 VoIP lines (voip.ms) feeding using hacked BasicTalk ATAs.

Jim

One of my best phone investments ever
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!