News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Any tips on getting a stuck western electric 302 housing off?

Started by Karen, November 15, 2012, 11:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen

Im afraid if I get screw driver in there its just going to crack the casing.   I tried holding it down with the screw driver through the wall cord hole but this sucker is on TIGHT!

And tips?

sebbel

Assuming this one is stuck because ist a plastic shell that shrunk, the housing will gets stuck on the corners. I find that a little wd-40 in each corner help. Just let it sit upside down so the oil  can settle in and dissolve what ever stuff may be sticking.

Don't over do it that' will just pour wd-40 in the phone. Just a little should do.

Good luck
Seb.
Seb.

LarryInMichigan

Once the shell is off, you can tap the edges of the base with a small hammer to bend them inward slightly so that the shell will fit over the base more easily.

Larry

AE_Collector

Karen

I did try getting some wd-40 to sit in there for a while.  And oddly enough a thin screw driver slides just fine up along the sides and corners. It STILL wont budge!  Not a bit.  Whatever...selling it for display I guess.  Ridiculous.

Doug Rose

Karen.....slide a  screw driver inside the mousehole where the line cord comes out. Remove both screws from the base to the thermoplastic shell. Using the shaft of the screw driver push up. The shell will come off. I have never had one I couldn't get off. Good luck...Doug
Kidphone