"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello from New Jersey

Started by MJW, October 16, 2013, 11:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJW

Hey everyone,
I've been lurking for a while and finally signed up back in September.  I started buying a few phones when my kids asked "dad whats a rotary phone" so I decided to get one and show them.
So I overpaid for a red 500 on Ebay.  Its a refurb from 73 with a 9/55 base.  I then picked up a 12/64 birthday in Ivory and then back to ebay for a 2/48 302 that I took a chance on because I liked the patina and it still had its original dial card turned out to be all original Jan or Feb 49 parts including the F1 handset.  Someone cut the original wall cord so I haven't tested it yet.

I also picked up a Panasonic 616 PBX network and then found a really cheap 308 so I will probably put the 616 up for sale as I don't need 6 incoming and 16 lines!  I'm using the 308 in my home office and I plan to pick up another 308 to put an intercom system though out the house.

WesternElectricBen

Welcome to the Forum!

Sound like you have a great start to your collection. The Panasonic switching systems are really nice. Good Luck collecting.

If you ever want to go to a phone show, Lancaster PA has one every year in the beginning of June. I've been going since 2012. (two yrs) The drive from Newerk isn't bad at all.

Ben

dsk

Welcome!

I guess you know this is a dangerous hobby, it seems like the telephones multiplies by them selves. Its not enough to keep them separated from each other. ;D

dsk

MJW

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on October 16, 2013, 11:56:19 AM
Welcome to the Forum!

Sound like you have a great start to your collection. The Panasonic switching systems are really nice. Good Luck collecting.

If you ever want to go to a phone show, Lancaster PA has one every year in the beginning of June. I've been going since 2012. (two yrs) The drive from Newerk isn't bad at all.

Ben

Thanks Ben,

I probably won't go to any shows just like I don't go to Hershey in the fall, gets way too expensive :)

Greg G.

Quote from: MJW on October 16, 2013, 11:51:37 AM
Hey everyone,
I've been lurking for a while and finally signed up back in September.  I started buying a few phones when my kids asked "dad whats a rotary phone" so I decided to get one and show them.
I also picked up a Panasonic 616 PBX network and then found a really cheap 308 so I will probably put the 616 up for sale as I don't need 6 incoming and 16 lines!  I'm using the 308 in my home office and I plan to pick up another 308 to put an intercom system though out the house.

"Need"?  What's "need" got to do with anything?  I have a Panasonic 308 also.  It has 8 ports, yes, but you can hook up 4 phones to each port from what I understand.  And then you have 3 incoming ports, so I'm guessing you could hook up 72 phones to it.  I only use 1 incoming and 1 or 2 extensions at the moment.  Hook up a few phones and listen to the cascading rings on an incoming call.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILUvbF62yB4
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

Welcome to the Forum.....if you like old phones, this is the place to be.....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Welcome!
Yes, you will find as Phonitis progresses "need" will have a different meaning. As in "I need to get one of all the colors that this phone was made in".
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"