News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

wiring a Panasonic KX-T30810 phone system

Started by Dave Beck, February 10, 2014, 09:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Beck

I just purchased this e-bay item and I am going to wire up my shop to be able to use my rotary phones. I am on att uverse and cannot use the pulse, this is supposed to convert pulse to tone and I can hook all my phones through this system.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Phone-System-Model-KX-T30810-/331126249093?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=jy7NnzX2hdfig2xFfyFzOBc4tdY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I have a roll of standard brown round 4 wire conductor phone cable and want to install ends on it that will go into a regular plug on the wall, are these rj11, rj12, or ??? and will this cord work or do I have to use the flat modular cord?

Remember I am a newbie and may ask a lot of questions? I really like the old phones, I can hear better on my old phones than the newer ones I have (Old and deaf)

All help appreciated on this project.
Dave Beck

Phonesrfun

Flat is better and easier to get the ends on, especially if the 4-conductor is somewhat heavier gauge wire.  They use RJ-11 plug ends.  You can get the ehns, a 25 foot roll of wire and a crimper at Radio Shack.  At least you used to be able to.

I can do photos of how I did mine.  I did use a lot of non-flat wire in mine, however.
-Bill G

dsk

My 616 has rows of jacks for RJ11's
For a common telephone the 2 center contacts are used, for the special Panasonic phones, you may need fore wires.
My suggestion are to just try to connect the Pots to the jack first CO jack. connect your telephones to the line jacks and test.

My had rotary as default, so reset was not wise without a Panasonic telephone for setup!

If it is normal setup, all telephones should ring on incoming at CO, and you may dial out after the prefix 9.

It is possible to change lots of parameters, but that may not be wise to start with, rather change when you see the need for change.

dsk

Manual for 616:  http://www.scribd.com/doc/32594934/Panasonic-Service-Guide-KX-T61610-Complete

Dave Beck

Got this bad boy in today, hooked it up, powered it on and it Works GREAT!!!! I can now use my rotary dials and can call from one station to the other. This is a great unit. Thanks for the help guys!
Dave