News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Red Autovon Call Director

Started by HarrySmith, April 20, 2017, 05:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

WOW! This is something I have never seen before! An Autovon call director and in Red! NOS to boot! Very Nice! Too bad it is way out of my price range. EBay #172590887118

PS- There is also another one listed, not NOS and different seller but looks very similar. EBay #262939889899
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

That one looks later...MUCH later...than any Call Director or any other collectible phone I've ever seen.

I don't even think this one is WE!

The buttons almost make it look mid to late nineties, when companies were going away from the standard square buttons.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

JimHyak

It's from Harris. If you search eBay for "Autovon" you turn up all sorts of stuff at various times. I don't know if the system is still in use, but clearly it continued post Western Electric. The style of the Harris units seems to say mid 80's, but its only a guess. I didn't see a date code. I like the call director look. One of these days I'll find a Green Rotary 12 or 18 button unit to pair with a 3A speakerphone I have. Desk Phone of the Month.

Here's a late entry in the Autovon club.
Jim
It's not hoarding if you have cool stuff!

Babybearjs

I saw both of these online, the white on is within reach, IF you can add the handset... I'd have no use for them myself....
John

HarrySmith

Another Red Autovon Call Director on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183471814845
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"