News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Northern AG Plane Prototype Phone, well almost.

Started by ....., October 14, 2019, 02:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I almost thought I had found another Prototype Northern phone. I picked up this 1978 AG Plane phone from an online buy and sell last week for $20.00. It needed some cleaning up, so I took it apart to wash the plastic parts. As I was inspecting the phone I seen these die markings that said PROTOTYPE. I was thrilled. My excitement was short lived as I quickly took my other two AG Planes apart, one 1982 and one 1983 to find they have the very same markings. What a bummer. I guess someone at the factory failed to remove the prototype die after it was put into production.  I'm close to having a squadron of Prototype AG Planes.  :)

paul-f

Quote from: Duffy on October 14, 2019, 02:31:24 PM
... I was thrilled. My excitement was short lived as I quickly took my other two AG Planes apart, one 1982 and one 1983 to find they have the very same markings. ...
Too funny!   ;)

I had the same reaction several years ago. It's great to hear your story, as it brought back the thrill I felt then.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11203.msg120841#msg120841
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Quote from: paul-f on October 14, 2019, 06:21:39 PM
Too funny!   ;)

I had the same reaction several years ago. It's great to hear your story, as it brought back the thrill I felt then.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11203.msg120841#msg120841

Thanks Paul for the link, good read.

HowardPgh

Do those AGP phones come in other colors other than the 2 tone orange you show?  While I'm here, I see you have a lot of Contempras, do you have an extra clear window for the number card? They are not the same size as the ones you find on 2500s or Trimlines, Contempra ones are bigger or longer.
Howard

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Quote from: HowardPgh on October 15, 2019, 10:03:08 AM
While I'm here, I see you have a lot of Contempras, do you have an extra clear window for the number card? They are not the same size as the ones you find on 2500s or Trimlines, Contempra ones are bigger or longer.

Yes, I'm sure there are some here.

FABphones

Quote from: HowardPgh on October 15, 2019, 10:03:08 AM
Do those AGP phones come in other colors other than the 2 tone orange you show?...

This one currently listed on eBay. Buy It Now price $122.99.

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble