News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WECo 1554 Restoral

Started by cihensley@aol.com, July 23, 2010, 07:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cihensley@aol.com

These are before and after pictures of a WECo 1554 I restored. The cord was history. Not having a spare turquoise cord, I took one from an extra turquoise 500 I had. I am offering the 500 at: www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3095.0

Chuck

Kenny C

i like the 10 button sets
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

Charles, that phone looks very nice--so much improved.  Looks like your new tool is doing the job.  Beautiful phone!

HarrySmith

Very nice job :D
That phone looks awesome, did you do it with the tool you created and Novus?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

cihensley@aol.com

The embossing I did with the new brush tool. The balance of the phone was sanded with increasingly finer grits of wet/dry sandpaper, then buffed.

Chuck

McHeath

Good job!  The 1554 is one of my favorites, I like the sleek lines coupled with the out dated dial.  Bet you had to be careful sanding the shell over the dial area!  I've cracked a shell there once, pressed a little too hard.  What condition are the buttons in?  My 10 buttons have small cracks on some of the buttons, and one of them has them faded as well.  Does your 1554 have a brass gong or aluminum, I personally like the sound of the brass gong better. 

Again you did very nice work.

cihensley@aol.com

Thank you. The gong is brass. The push buttons are in good shape. I occasionally see a 10-button TT pad for sale on eBay if you want to replace yours. I try to be careful with the whole shell. It is not very thick.

Chuck