"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need wiring help!

Started by stub, February 04, 2010, 04:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

Hi everybody,
                     I have a step base  AE candlestick and I need to put the right dial in it. This mercedes dial only has 2 shunt springs.  All the diagrams I have looked at  show a dial with 3 shunt springs. This started out simple but I  made it more complicated than it should be, brain has been scrambled 2 times too many!!  I have it working but it has alot of sidetone!!I need to see how it should be wired.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
                                                                                                        stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Wallphone

Stub,
Go here and look around. > http://www.telephonecollectors.org/library/aeco/aeco.htm <
Look at the wooden wall phone and there is at least one diagram with the two shunt springs in the candlestick section (Type 21).
Good luck,
Dougpav

Phonesrfun

Try this.  Remember that your circuit is a booster sidetone, and by definition will have more sidetone than you are perhaps used to.

-Bill Geurts
-Bill G

stub

Hi,
    Wallphone- Thanks!  

Phonesrfun- Thanks,I think that is what I came up with also , but having never heard that much sidetone , I thought I had it wired wrong. I'll tear it down tomorrow and check to see !!! Thanks Bill !    
                                                                                                   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield