News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

They Finally sold....

Started by Babybearjs, February 18, 2013, 06:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well, I have good news... some of the phones that I was showing through a local antique dealer sold... about $200 for the lot os 4 phones.... a WE 352, 440C, an AE 40, and a AE 50.... fiven the market here in idaho, I think I did OK, though they were shown for over a year before someone wanted them... had to go with best offer.... the 440 was restored to service using a 8 cond. cord and a RJ45 Jack... the AE 50 was mounted on a wall hung shelf unit...and was in working order... the AE 40 had a partyline ringer in it... so it worked but didnt ring... and the 352 was updated with a modular backplate...   hope whoever bought them can keep them working and not just show them as dust collectors....   but, at least I finally made a sale locally! it about time!
John

AE_Collector

Yes the market is pretty tight for everything except 51A Controllers and Videophones! Whee nyou see the prices that we here on CRPF pay for many run of the mill old phones it is no wonder we have a hard time getting much for them when we sell them.

Terry

Mr. Bones

Babybearjs

Might I please see pictures of the AE50, replete with wall-hung shelf unit? It sounds tied in to a project I'm working upon at present...

Thanks in advance,

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Babybearjs

I'll have to see if I ever took any pictures of that.... I do have a picture of my orginal AE 50 that I've had since 1979....  A freind from my old job in Calif. made a backboard for it.... he called it "the Deacons Bench" Design.  the phone works, but is out of service since its so special... only paid $10.00 in '79 for it!   
John